I hate to say it, but with the PS4 passing 6+ million consoles sold

#111Shinobi120Posted 3/6/2014 2:46:37 PM
Bottlelaundry posted...
Still sure MS will win this gen given Sony is going bankrupt. I wouldnt sell a corporate hq building for $100 million unless I was really desperate..

If I were you, I would still want Sony around, as there are plenty of other companies that are far more popular than Microsoft is & could easily make them irrelevant.
#112UltraPlanetPosted 3/8/2014 7:31:40 AM
lol
#113Master AlienPosted 3/8/2014 9:29:22 AM
jpraelster posted...
spoonyrogdrumps posted...
Also, I don't think Sony is going out of business as other companies have been in worse shape and bounced back. Sony's gaming division isn't the problem it's other divisions.

I hope sony doesnt go out of business either like you said competition is good

If Sony were to go under the ps4 would just be bought up by another company. Worse case scenario is they auction off a profitable division with currently the largest market share and a company like Apple or Amazon jumps on opportunity in a heartbeat. Its not like the situation with Sega and the Dreamcast at all. More than likely if Sony gets in dire straights theyll just spinoff Playstation into its own brand.
But this is gamefaqs where using logic is frowned upon so of course the only result can be that the day Sony has problems, the next day the ps4 is dead ala dreamcast.
#114gogogodzillaPosted 3/8/2014 8:48:21 PM
TomoEK9 posted...
eyenjekt posted...
remember that ps3 launched 1 year behind x360. i dont know the number exactly, but for sure at the time of the ps3s launch, it must have been behind in sales by at least 10mil, probably more like 15mil. although, the ps3 came back to win in hardware sales.

today's 3 million gap between xb1 and ps4 is nothing. this race is far from over-ms has more than a chance to come back.
---

The problem with the PS3 was its price. One Sony dropped that, people started buying them.

The problem with the Xbone is its reputation. MS has dropped the ball on that it will take years before people get over what they did.

This.

Reputation is easily lost and takes years, if ever, to recover.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#115plus1zeroPosted 3/8/2014 8:52:07 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...
WhiteAngel50 posted...
TC, shut the **** up.

Well I got news for you. Xbox One has more exclusives than Puny station 4.

All ps4 is good at is must playing mulitplats. Second son looks like garbage anyway and I have a ps4

you don't own a ps4

Yeah, well I do have a ps4. Right now the exclusives on that thing suck, terribly bad.
---
How do you know someone games on a PC? Don't worry, they'll tell you.
#116ZeusthagodPosted 3/8/2014 9:02:38 PM
Sony was arrogant at the beginning of last gen ($600 USD) and promptly got humbled by the poor early performance of the PS3. This gen it looks like they've learned from their mistakes and now MS is the one making the foolish moves.
---
A wise man told me "don't argue with fools"
#117SaltyBotzPosted 3/8/2014 9:17:36 PM
All I care about is the Xbox One doing well in North America. Because that is where I'm at. That means the player base in the USA will be high on the system. Couldn't care less if it sells a single system in Europe or Japan. And MS was probably conservative enough with their estimates for sales that they probably knew that they weren't gonna sell any systems in Japan, and probably wouldn't do that well in Europe either.
#118TheCyborgNinjaPosted 3/8/2014 11:31:21 PM(edited)
The Xbox One can sell less consoles and still be profitable. I don't understand why anyone cares.

A point also worth making: a Mom & Pop video store can be more profitable than a chain like Blockbuster. Sony isn't in good financial shape in spite of owning the home console market at this point in time.

MS has more money than a lot of nations do. They don't have their entire company's profits riding on one division while the whole place bleeds out.

---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#119StrongBlackVinePosted 3/9/2014 2:30:10 AM
dariusjr98 posted...
Hi, I own nothing but Sony consoles (well, I have a Wii, but don't play it anymore), not at all a fanboy.

But wasn't the PS3 doing very poorly during the beginning of its cycle? And didn't it cost more than the X1?

People seem to forget that the new consoles have only been out for a few months, but yet topics like these always pop up on the from page. Console wars are so ridiculous.

I'm sure the sales between the X1 and PS4 will balance out by the end of the year, because right now, admittedly neither have any really noteworthy games right now.

Xbox does poorly in Europe and no longer dominates the US. The sales will NEVER be equal. Sony by at a least 20 million.
#120StrongBlackVinePosted 3/9/2014 2:32:53 AM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
The Xbox One can sell less consoles and still be profitable. I don't understand why anyone cares.

A point also worth making: a Mom & Pop video store can be more profitable than a chain like Blockbuster. Sony isn't in good financial shape in spite of owning the home console market at this point in time.

MS has more money than a lot of nations do. They don't have their entire company's profits riding on one division while the whole place bleeds out.

They also have investors that don't want to waste more money on a division that has never made back its initial investment.