I hate to say it, but with the PS4 passing 6+ million consoles sold

#91Ron_Burgandy_Posted 3/4/2014 8:54:23 PM
Microsoft overestimating the reality the current state of the economy, forcing consumers to purchase a camera that no one wants for an extra $100, with finances that most people can't afford?

To represent the REAL mindset over at Microsoft, in the great spokesman's words of Adam Orth, now Microsoft, YOU can #dealwithit

LoL@ M$ thinking people will pay an extra $100 for inferior technology
---
[All above statements will be censored by a moderator for speaking the truth]
Yes We Scan! New America: Land of tyranny, home of the enslaved.
#92jpraelsterPosted 3/4/2014 9:03:33 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
chrish909 posted...
Ps4 appeals to hardcore fans. X1 appeals to casuals. Soon everyone that wants a ps4 will have one, while x1 will continue to sell because of actual next gen features and games. Sony has to announce games and litterally not show anything for it for nearly a year(the order was announced in june, 9 months later we dont even know what kind of game it is. Some games are announced and released 9 months later(evolve)). Sony is desperate and so are their fanboys like laylow.

also ps4 wobbles/topic

This post is laughably loaded down with reassurance.

It is but the thing about laylow is true
#93eyenjektPosted 3/4/2014 9:15:29 PM
remember that ps3 launched 1 year behind x360. i dont know the number exactly, but for sure at the time of the ps3s launch, it must have been behind in sales by at least 10mil, probably more like 15mil. although, the ps3 came back to win in hardware sales.

today's 3 million gap between xb1 and ps4 is nothing. this race is far from over-ms has more than a chance to come back.
---
---
I thrive under a lack of accountability.
#94dolabla(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 9:25:36 PM
The difference I see between the PS3/ 360 and PS4/X1 comparisons is that Microsoft doesn't have the territories like Sony has.

With the PS3, even though it lost in the US, it still had the European and Japanese territories backing it up. That's one of the major reasons it caught up and surpassed the 360 in sales. Other than the US (and to a certain extent, the UK), Microsoft just doesn't have major territories like that.
#95jpraelsterPosted 3/4/2014 9:27:58 PM
dolabla posted...
The difference I see between the PS3/ 360 and PS4/X1 comparisons is that Microsoft doesn't have the territories like Sony has.

With the PS3, even though it lost in the US, it still had the European and Japanese territories backing it up. That's one of the major reasons it caught up and surpassed the 360 in sales. Other than the US (and to a certain extent, the UK), Microsoft just doesn't have major territories like that.

I think by the end of the console generation xbox one and ps4 will be pretty much even with ps4 ahead by a few million at most and the wii u behind by awide margin
#96spoonyrogdrumpsPosted 3/4/2014 9:29:32 PM
I wouldn't like it if Xbox went away anymore than when Dreamcast went away. I prefer gaming on PC and Playstation and don't think the Xbox One is a good value right now but I don't hate it. Competition is good.
#97BoneRevolutionPosted 3/4/2014 9:31:12 PM
I hope the sales numbers keep you entertained.

Meanwhile...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGtMrF3cvZE
#98spoonyrogdrumpsPosted 3/4/2014 9:31:49 PM
Also, I don't think Sony is going out of business as other companies have been in worse shape and bounced back. Sony's gaming division isn't the problem it's other divisions.
#99TomoEK9Posted 3/4/2014 9:33:10 PM
eyenjekt posted...
remember that ps3 launched 1 year behind x360. i dont know the number exactly, but for sure at the time of the ps3s launch, it must have been behind in sales by at least 10mil, probably more like 15mil. although, the ps3 came back to win in hardware sales.

today's 3 million gap between xb1 and ps4 is nothing. this race is far from over-ms has more than a chance to come back.
---

The problem with the PS3 was its price. One Sony dropped that, people started buying them.

The problem with the Xbone is its reputation. MS has dropped the ball on that it will take years before people get over what they did.
#100jpraelsterPosted 3/4/2014 9:33:16 PM
spoonyrogdrumps posted...
Also, I don't think Sony is going out of business as other companies have been in worse shape and bounced back. Sony's gaming division isn't the problem it's other divisions.

I hope sony doesnt go out of business either like you said competition is good