Why no upgradable hard drive?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why no upgradable hard drive?

User Info: loafy013

loafy013
2 years ago#81
FinzFan4life posted...
If MS was anti-consumer wouldn't they make it so you had to buy specific type of storage like Sony does

Is there only one type of drive that works in a PS4? Putting in and swapping a hard-drive in my PS2 and PS3 only required certain drive dimensions in order to fit properly into the machine. I can't see why they would change that type of flexibility.
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.

User Info: darkshadowmaster

darkshadowmaster
2 years ago#82
loafy013 posted...
FinzFan4life posted...
If MS was anti-consumer wouldn't they make it so you had to buy specific type of storage like Sony does

Is there only one type of drive that works in a PS4? Putting in and swapping a hard-drive in my PS2 and PS3 only required certain drive dimensions in order to fit properly into the machine. I can't see why they would change that type of flexibility.

I'm assuming he's referring to the Vita that they force you to use their overpriced memory cards.
At least I hope so unless he's referring laptop HDDs in general as "a specific type of storage"
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

User Info: icelt

icelt
2 years ago#83
Porunga posted...
That isn't how MS does things. Everything has to be locked down, proprietary, and their way or not at all. Going by history of course.

Yup.
PSN: icelt
"Beaker on a Hot Tin Roof" http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m506y4kNRX1rxuzpho1_500.gif

User Info: xcmon3yx2

xcmon3yx2
2 years ago#84
throwing a SSD in a PS4 is a waste anyways, b/c SATA2 is incapable of taking anywhere close the the full potential of a decent SSD
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777,(3DS FC: 5257-9927-9011), (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)

User Info: jamamaw_gustav

jamamaw_gustav
2 years ago#85
xcmon3yx2 posted...
throwing a SSD in a PS4 is a waste anyways, b/c SATA2 is incapable of taking anywhere close the the full potential of a decent SSD

But even if you think it's a wate of money, shouldn't make it so no one would want to do it

User Info: xcmon3yx2

xcmon3yx2
2 years ago#86
jamamaw_gustav posted...
xcmon3yx2 posted...

But even if you think it's a wate of money, shouldn't make it so no one would want to do it

it is a waste at SATA2 speeds a 450/mbps write and read SSD is hardly faster then your standard 7200rpm drive at 130/mpbs
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777,(3DS FC: 5257-9927-9011), (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)

User Info: IloveElite

IloveElite
2 years ago#87
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Microsoft doesn't think their customers are capable of removing a piece of plastic and removing 2 screws to replace the HD, so they don't offer this service on the Xbox One

in their defence you have to say that in a lot of cases this is true.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why no upgradable hard drive?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived