hypothetical: what one IP could go toe to toe with Titanfall on the Xbox One

#1darkphoenix181Posted 3/5/2014 9:17:31 AM
Imagine if you could make any game release, could any of them actually compete with Titanfall when it releases shortly?

What would it be?
Halo 5
Gears of War

?
#2bessy67Posted 3/5/2014 9:21:02 AM
Not to put down Titanfall, but Halo would trounce it. A highly popular established franchise that sells like hotcakes vs. a new IP that is online only? No contest.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3BigLongDownerPosted 3/5/2014 9:21:30 AM
Completely different type of game but I'd say Batman Arkham Knight.
---
GT - The Grunge Guy
#4Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/5/2014 9:22:18 AM
It wouldn't take much, the only reason Titanfall is getting so much hype is due to the fact, what else is there to play?
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#5THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 3/5/2014 9:22:55 AM
Battlefield
Call of Duty
GTA
Gears
Halo

Of the top of my head.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#6GondolinRisesPosted 3/5/2014 9:23:35 AM
The recent gamefaqs poll has several games stomping titanfall, including dark souls two and a southpark game. Infamous SS also beat Titanfall. I don't think TF will be as big a title as the xbone one trolls want it to be.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#7ILikeGamesManPosted 3/5/2014 9:25:02 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
It wouldn't take much, the only reason Titanfall is getting so much hype is due to the fact, what else is there to play?

I don't know about that. You actually talk about the game more than anyone else here, so I have a feeling you like it. Just admit it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Sur6PX3.jpg
WaywardBiscuit and Vashtricham are alts http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/950933-mag/53287762 Look at Vash's sig.
#8IzraeilPosted 3/5/2014 9:44:43 AM(edited)
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Yeah it's kinda like why Nintendo's handful of franchises sell a lot, granted the system already has a big install base.
And Probably why inFamous: SS will likely sell better than the last two.

I think that's a very important aspect of exclusive sales that people don't bring up often enough. Nintendo exclusives last gen sold more than any other company's games, because a lot of people had a Wii, and there was not much to play so a handful of titles, like Wii sports, Sports resort, Mario kart, Wii fit sold a ton of copies.

MS and Sony sold similar amount of units on their games, But Sony's sales were spread over more franchises because they made more franchises that could push over a million units, while 40% of MS's sales came from Halo games, another 40% from Gears, Forza, and Fable, and the rest from Kinect Adventures and all the other games that sold units counted in thousands.

Now for Titanfall hype, it makes perfect sense, it's coming when there's not much to play on the next gen consoles, and also on 360 which hasn't seen a AAA exclusive since I can't remember.
#9IzraeilPosted 3/5/2014 9:43:56 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10ThePaleRiderpPosted 3/5/2014 9:47:15 AM
BigLongDowner posted...
Completely different type of game but I'd say Batman Arkham Knight.

This. The topic is now over.
---
PSN: OverlordZeit 3DS FC: 2895-6437-9632
XBL: VongolaXIIIZeit Steam: thepaleriderp