hypothetical: what one IP could go toe to toe with Titanfall on the Xbox One

#11Blizz87Posted 3/5/2014 9:47:57 AM
Nobody will care about Titanfall when Destiny hits.
#12eddy_cocainePosted 3/5/2014 9:52:06 AM
GondolinRises posted...
The recent gamefaqs poll has several games stomping titanfall, including dark souls two and a southpark game. Infamous SS also beat Titanfall. I don't think TF will be as big a title as the xbone one trolls want it to be.

You're cute. GameFaQs poll? Like those are reliable?
---
GT: Toot Scoot PSN: CerebralLOLsy
Dear fanboys; get over yourselves. Video games are not the most important thing in life.
#13GondolinRisesPosted 3/5/2014 10:03:07 AM
eddy_cocaine posted...
GondolinRises posted...
The recent gamefaqs poll has several games stomping titanfall, including dark souls two and a southpark game. Infamous SS also beat Titanfall. I don't think TF will be as big a title as the xbone one trolls want it to be.

More reliable than xbone one troll opinions. Anyway because titanfall is multiplat I don't expect the iteration to the xb1 to compete with anything. The total sales may well beat everything. Hard to say really. I'm thinking 2 million lifetime sales for TF but I could be wrong.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#14Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/5/2014 10:07:23 AM
eddy_cocaine posted...
GondolinRises posted...

Well, the GameFaqs showed how popular the Xbox One is, the sales announced from MS actually reflected the poll, so seems legit enough.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#15BeefEasterPosted 3/5/2014 11:21:40 AM
what's the next big budget game that's releasing on xbox one?

yeah, that one
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#16yiangaruuugaPosted 3/5/2014 11:33:45 AM
You can't go off of GFAQS Polls to determine which games will go toe-to-toe with each other.

However, I would say that I:SS has a good chance seeing how TF and I:SS are both much needed games on the next-gen consoles.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#17Cornbread4lifePosted 3/5/2014 11:39:40 AM
GondolinRises posted...
eddy_cocaine posted...
GondolinRises posted...

More reliable than xbone one troll opinions. Anyway because titanfall is multiplat I don't expect the iteration to the xb1 to compete with anything. The total sales may well beat everything. Hard to say really. I'm thinking 2 million lifetime sales for TF but I could be wrong.

That poll wasn't reliable from the second it was created. I want Titanfall second most in March, but I've been wanting the FFX remake for years, so I picked that. Where is my opinion reflected in the poll that I want Titanfall more than infamous, dark souls 2, and the south park game? It's not, because of the way that poll was structured.

If it was a poll that asked you to rank all of those games from most wanted to least and then gave a set number of points to what position it fell into for each person who ranked them, it would be a more reliable way of comparing any two choices.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#18bob15xPosted 3/5/2014 11:44:39 AM
BigLongDowner posted...
Completely different type of game but I'd say Batman Arkham Knight.

batman is starting to feel like the next Cod as in lets just put out a new one yearly and exhaust the franchise.
#19h12456208Posted 3/5/2014 11:46:41 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
It wouldn't take much, the only reason Titanfall is getting so much hype is due to the fact, what else is there to play?

As good as the game may or may not be. It will sell more on 360. How can the biggest game for XBone also be released on 360. prolly 10-15 times the install base on 360. And since its online only that will hinder sales as well.
---
"The blackest eyes. The Devil's Eyes"
- Dr. Loomis - HalloweeN
#20squidney2k1Posted 3/5/2014 11:47:14 AM
Battlefield 4 if it had another year to bake in the oven...all of the problems bugs, glitches, and server issues really put people off from buying it, and caused a lot of players to abandon it.
---
Mass Effect 4: Titanfall's Destiny XIV-2....think about it. \m/ (O_o) \m/
Yes, I bought a Wii U, and I still don't know why.