Microsoft Coming Debuting Direct X12 at GDC

#11billsfanno1Posted 3/5/2014 7:46:33 PM
BigPapi829 posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/06/gdc-microsoft-to-debut-directx-12?abthid=5317c6b3f5e468c940000056

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets integrated with the X1 to make the hardware perform even better since they were being developed around the same time.

Quoting off someone else

alpha635 @ ign comments
"Maybe, its just a theory, microsoft made the xbox one inferior knowing that they'd patch this in to make it superior down the road and since they used less expensive hardware, they make a profit and its cheaper for consumers."

If true they knew exactly what they were doing.

It's already baked into X1.

This isn't an MS rope-a-dope. MS designed a console that will shine when development moves to the new gen, and evidently was not willing to compromise for purposes of last gen ports.
#12ZEROthefirstPosted 3/5/2014 7:49:47 PM
MS can't upgrade the Xbone anymore, if they did then developers would make games that the previous Xbone models wouldn't be able to run or have problems running. It would basically be a Sega move, we upgraded and if you want more games then upgrade again. MS screwed themselves over be limiting as well as locking power because of the Kinect and they're going to have to ride it out for the Xbone's life.
---
Nintendo Network/PSN ID: ZEROthefirst
3DS Friend Code: 1306-6232-5350
#13Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/5/2014 7:55:39 PM
The GPU does not have the capability to support Direct X 12, it cannot be upgraded because it's not a software upgradeable, requires an entirely new GPU, which at the moment there isn't a single gpu on the market that can support DirectX 12
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#14BSerenityPosted 3/5/2014 7:56:38 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
BigPapi829 posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/06/gdc-microsoft-to-debut-directx-12?abthid=5317c6b3f5e468c940000056

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets integrated with the X1 to make the hardware perform even better since they were being developed around the same time.

Quoting off someone else

alpha635 @ ign comments
"Maybe, its just a theory, microsoft made the xbox one inferior knowing that they'd patch this in to make it superior down the road and since they used less expensive hardware, they make a profit and its cheaper for consumers."

This isn't an MS rope-a-dope. MS designed a console that will shine when development moves to the new gen, and evidently was not willing to compromise for purposes of last gen ports.

Really? Are you serious? I am not joking either. I really want to know if you are being 100% legitimately serious.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#15Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/5/2014 7:57:56 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
Remember that $3billion MS threw at AMD, while Sony just went with something off the shelf? Here we go.

They had to give 3 billion to AMD, AMD is going under as we speak, 55% chance of bankruptcy, it's selling buildings, laying people off and they lose money constantly.

Also, Sony didn't go with anything off the shelf, you can't buy any of these SoCs at a store, lol
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#16Laylow12Posted 3/5/2014 8:01:59 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
BigPapi829 posted...

Quoting off someone else

alpha635 @ ign comments

You're naive if you think the XBOX ONE will shine with Direct X 12. It can't use it, Lol.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#17bob15xPosted 3/5/2014 8:08:58 PM
cocaiser posted...
This is more likely to end up on the pc than it will on a console. However, if i remember right both ps4 and xbox are using the same graphic company (AMD). With that said, it's is ill advise for AMD to allow direct x12 to be on xbox and not on ps4. Hence, if applicable, the ps4 will still run better due to slightly better graphic card.

they said pc, console, mobile etc
#18ShELbY_GT500Posted 3/5/2014 8:09:16 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Remember that $3billion MS threw at AMD, while Sony just went with something off the shelf? Here we go.

They had to give 3 billion to AMD, AMD is going under as we speak, 55% chance of bankruptcy, it's selling buildings, laying people off and they lose money constantly.

Also, Sony didn't go with anything off the shelf, you can't buy any of these SoCs at a store, lol

Hey wheres that dude from earlier trying to brag that he has "stocks" with AMD?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPxvrq3EcYI
#19Laylow12Posted 3/5/2014 8:09:34 PM
BSerenity posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
BigPapi829 posted...

Quoting off someone else

alpha635 @ ign comments

Really? Are you serious? I am not joking either. I really want to know if you are being 100% legitimately serious.

Well, now we know billsfanno doesn't know his elbow from ear hole. He's just reading from the MDF bullet points.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#20CharadeSmithPosted 3/5/2014 8:11:01 PM
bob15x posted...
cocaiser posted...
This is more likely to end up on the pc than it will on a console. However, if i remember right both ps4 and xbox are using the same graphic company (AMD). With that said, it's is ill advise for AMD to allow direct x12 to be on xbox and not on ps4. Hence, if applicable, the ps4 will still run better due to slightly better graphic card.

they said pc, console, mobile etc

Xbox Two in 2015 confirmed!!!