Microsoft Coming Debuting Direct X12 at GDC

#21Laylow12Posted 3/5/2014 8:11:54 PM
bob15x posted...
cocaiser posted...
This is more likely to end up on the pc than it will on a console. However, if i remember right both ps4 and xbox are using the same graphic company (AMD). With that said, it's is ill advise for AMD to allow direct x12 to be on xbox and not on ps4. Hence, if applicable, the ps4 will still run better due to slightly better graphic card.

they said pc, console, mobile etc

So are you saying that direct x12 will work on the XBOX ONE? Because thats what this board is for.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#22billsfanno1Posted 3/5/2014 8:13:27 PM
BSerenity posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
BigPapi829 posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/06/gdc-microsoft-to-debut-directx-12?abthid=5317c6b3f5e468c940000056

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets integrated with the X1 to make the hardware perform even better since they were being developed around the same time.

Quoting off someone else

alpha635 @ ign comments
"Maybe, its just a theory, microsoft made the xbox one inferior knowing that they'd patch this in to make it superior down the road and since they used less expensive hardware, they make a profit and its cheaper for consumers."

If true they knew exactly what they were doing.

It's already baked into X1.

This isn't an MS rope-a-dope. MS designed a console that will shine when development moves to the new gen, and evidently was not willing to compromise for purposes of last gen ports.

Really? Are you serious? I am not joking either. I really want to know if you are being 100% legitimately serious.

In MS' own words:
"You asked us to bring you even closer to the metal and to do so on an unparalleled assortment of hardware. You also asked us for better tools so that you can squeeze every last drop of performance out of your PC, tablet, phone and console."

They have no interest in that console being WiiU or PS4. DirectX 12 appears to have been in simultaneous development with X1. As stupid as MS was with DRM and E3, I don't believe they threw $3 billion down the drain to watch their competitor overpower them with an off-the-shelf solution. I'm reserving all judgment on console capabilities until new gen development begins. Looks like MS is ushering in that era soon.
#23BSerenityPosted 3/5/2014 8:14:01 PM
Laylow12 posted...
BSerenity posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
BigPapi829 posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/06/gdc-microsoft-to-debut-directx-12?abthid=5317c6b3f5e468c940000056

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets integrated with the X1 to make the hardware perform even better since they were being developed around the same time.

Quoting off someone else

alpha635 @ ign comments
"Maybe, its just a theory, microsoft made the xbox one inferior knowing that they'd patch this in to make it superior down the road and since they used less expensive hardware, they make a profit and its cheaper for consumers."

This isn't an MS rope-a-dope. MS designed a console that will shine when development moves to the new gen, and evidently was not willing to compromise for purposes of last gen ports.

Really? Are you serious? I am not joking either. I really want to know if you are being 100% legitimately serious.

Well, now we know billsfanno doesn't know his elbow from ear hole. He's just reading from the MDF bullet points.

Has to be a faithful follower of MisterXmedia. I am sure he has to be having a field day on his useless blog.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#24Laylow12Posted 3/5/2014 8:20:20 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
BSerenity posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
BigPapi829 posted...

Quoting off someone else

alpha635 @ ign comments

In MS' own words:
"You asked us to bring you even closer to the metal and to do so on an unparalleled assortment of hardware. You also asked us for better tools so that you can squeeze every last drop of performance out of your PC, tablet, phone and console."

They have no interest in that console being WiiU or PS4. DirectX 12 appears to have been in simultaneous development with X1. As stupid as MS was with DRM and E3, I don't believe they threw $3 billion down the drain to watch their competitor overpower them with an off-the-shelf solution. I'm reserving all judgment on console capabilities until new gen development begins. Looks like MS is ushering in that era soon.

Do you think this is coming for the XBOX ONE? Lol

---
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#25Laylow12Posted 3/5/2014 8:21:36 PM
BSerenity posted...
Laylow12 posted...
BSerenity posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
BigPapi829 posted...

Quoting off someone else

alpha635 @ ign comments

Well, now we know billsfanno doesn't know his elbow from ear hole. He's just reading from the MDF bullet points.

Has to be a faithful follower of MisterXmedia. I am sure he has to be having a field day on his useless blog.

Yes, I agree! He's probably a major nelson fan as well, LOL.

---
#26BSerenityPosted 3/5/2014 8:23:36 PM
Laylow12 posted...

I thought Hentai and chrish was bad, but damn... hot damn this is just sad now.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#27Laylow12Posted 3/5/2014 8:26:43 PM
BSerenity posted...
Laylow12 posted...

I thought Hentai and chrish was bad, but damn... hot damn this is just sad now.

There's a sucker born every minute - PT Barnum

---
#28billsfanno1Posted 3/5/2014 8:34:44 PM
Damn, my ignore filter tells me the trolls are freaking out about this news. Relax guys, PS4 is 50% more powerful, right? What could MS possibly announce that would threaten you? Why would a stupid and na´ve X1 owner looking forward to some good news upset you so much? The lead up to March 20 is going to be like prolonged PMS for you guys.
#29Valor_PhoenixPosted 3/5/2014 8:37:10 PM
...So, TC thinks that the XBox One secretly had a DirectX 12 capable GPU designed and built into it over a year ago...

Interesting.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#30Laylow12Posted 3/5/2014 8:38:07 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
Damn, my ignore filter tells me the trolls are freaking out about this news. Relax guys, PS4 is 50% more powerful, right? What could MS possibly announce that would threaten you? Why would a stupid and na´ve X1 owner looking forward to some good news upset you so much? The lead up to March 20 is going to be like prolonged PMS for you guys.

Why won't you admit you were wrong? You're just like Microsoft, never admit you were wrong and ignore the mess you made!

---