Why is my xbox one still not updating.

#1Semp1Posted 3/5/2014 8:06:25 PM
I got the email like 8 hours ago that it's ready. I have it set to download updates when in standby and I turn it on tonight expecting the update to start installing and....nothing. Microsoft's update system is garbage. It should be able to force an update the way Sony allows....
---
XBONE+PS4=True Gamer.
#2kidwgmPosted 3/5/2014 8:33:11 PM
MS has stated they are rolling out the updates. Be patient I nor my fiancÚ Ones have not updated. If this is so horrible please go buy a PSpoor.
---
Currently Playing: Rune Factory 4 and PvZ. Coming Soon: Titanfall.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#3lazycomplifePosted 3/5/2014 8:34:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4garydavexxxPosted 3/5/2014 8:39:02 PM
Possible reasons pick one.

It hasn't been released in your location yet.

Or your xbox doesn't like you because you post questions on forums without searching to see if your asking a question that's been answered 50 times today already.
---
http://m.youtube.com/user/0oo0CLOUD0oo0
Please check out my YouTube channel :)
#5Laylow12Posted 3/5/2014 8:40:32 PM
lazycomplife posted...
Because the glorious cloud servers are too weak for the meager amount of people that purchased the console.

The cloud is amazing! Didn't you hear Microsoft talking about its 300,000 servers and how fast everything is? They wouldn't lie to us, would they?

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#6MarioAndrettiPosted 3/5/2014 8:40:36 PM
MarioAndretti posted...
first of all.. ms DID tell everyone the update was rolling out over the course of the week.. secondly, to force an update, follow these steps precisely:

1) turn you xbox to power save mode (yes i realize i said power save mode)
2) hold the power button on your console for several seconds until the console turns off
3) turn your console back on
4) turn your xbox to instant on mode
5) turn your xbox off again -- this time normally with "xbox turn off" command or controller
6) wait 5-6min (or so) and your console power light will blink.
7) once power light is done blinking, turn on your xbox

voila

---
XBL Mario HTTR
PSN Mario_HTTR
#7BalmungTheAzurePosted 3/5/2014 8:43:01 PM
MarioAndretti posted...
MarioAndretti posted...
first of all.. ms DID tell everyone the update was rolling out over the course of the week.. secondly, to force an update, follow these steps precisely:

1) turn you xbox to power save mode (yes i realize i said power save mode)
2) hold the power button on your console for several seconds until the console turns off
3) turn your console back on
4) turn your xbox to instant on mode
5) turn your xbox off again -- this time normally with "xbox turn off" command or controller
6) wait 5-6min (or so) and your console power light will blink.
7) once power light is done blinking, turn on your xbox

voila

Worked for me when I did this earlier today.
---
"Game Faqs Needs You, Balmung" -Samurai_Man
XBL: K SAINT LAURENT PSN: VirusX77
#8gohoanqPosted 3/5/2014 8:44:31 PM
Worst. System. Ever. The way MS "rolls out" freaking updates now lol I say it every time I see a topic about this :/ All it does is make people wait forever... it's stupid as hell.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#9RenamonPosted 3/5/2014 9:03:37 PM
gohoanq posted...
Worst. System. Ever. The way MS "rolls out" freaking updates now lol I say it every time I see a topic about this :/ All it does is make people wait forever... it's stupid as hell.
---

MS has rolled out updates for years now, it's nothing new.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#10DaGr1nChPosted 3/5/2014 9:29:06 PM
Renamon posted...
gohoanq posted...
---

MS has rolled out updates for years now, it's nothing new.

Yea, what are you people even talking about. They've been doing system updates the exact same way for the past 7 years. Calm down. You'll all get it eventually, Jesus Christ.
---
"It's only after you've lost everything that you are truly free to do anything." - Tyler Durden