How do you feel about developers that announce DLC before a game is released?

#11theSpiccoliPosted 3/5/2014 9:23:31 PM
I don't mind it normally. With a situation such as Titanfall, where a season pass is announced, that's fine. At this point I think everyone is expecting as much in terms of map packs.

Now, day one DLC, such as the From Ashes bs for Mass Effect 3, that's garbage.
---
GT-TheSpiccoli
#12lazycomplife(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 9:37:32 PM
theSpiccoli posted...
I don't mind it normally. With a situation such as Titanfall, where a season pass is announced, that's fine. At this point I think everyone is expecting as much in terms of map packs.

So you don't mind paying $85 for a game that should cost $60?
---
Official Swinub
3DS Friend Code: 0602-6783-9027 - Friend safari: ICE type: Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong
#13BalmungTheAzurePosted 3/5/2014 9:42:50 PM
lazycomplife posted...
theSpiccoli posted...

What do you mean "should"? Are you in charge of product prices in the area you live? Over here, I feel like they should be $10 dollars, with all DLC not exceeding 45 each.
---
"Game Faqs Needs You, Balmung" -Samurai_Man
XBL: K SAINT LAURENT PSN: VirusX77
#14lazycomplife(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 9:44:00 PM
BalmungTheAzure posted...
lazycomplife posted...
theSpiccoli posted...

What do you mean "should"? Are you in charge of product prices in the area you live? Over here, I feel like they should be $10 dollars, with all DLC not exceeding 45 each.

With steam, those prices are entirely possible. However, you're talking about an EA game, where they will milk you for every cent they can.
---
Official Swinub
3DS Friend Code: 0602-6783-9027 - Friend safari: ICE type: Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong
#15BalmungTheAzurePosted 3/5/2014 10:07:56 PM
lazycomplife posted...
lazycomplife posted...
theSpiccoli posted...

With steam, those prices are entirely possible. However, you're talking about an EA game, where they will milk you for every cent they can.

Those are steam sale prices, not brand new retail prices. And steam is also an amazing and open platform. Closed ecosystems like LIVE, PSN, and Origin can be controlled in whatever way the respective company sees fit, though they remain competitive by keeping prices similar. Everyone know PSN is king of best digital prices and sales on consoles though, not to mention PS+.

I digress. No one is forcing you to buy the DLC it even the game itself. U pay 2 play
---
"Game Faqs Needs You, Balmung" -Samurai_Man
XBL: K SAINT LAURENT PSN: VirusX77
#16Pinoy441Posted 3/5/2014 11:43:44 PM
It depends on when the DLC is announced

If its after the game has gone gold, and has a few months before coming out maybe to its ok

If its before the game goes gold, and is either on the disc itself already or done before going gold then its not ok
---
*grabs popcorn*
#17LatchKeyKidPosted 3/6/2014 12:35:10 AM
DLC has seriously curbed my new release purchases if I know some of it is being held back for dlc. Why pay 60 now knowing there's $30+ more I'll need to fork over for everything? And possibly a goty version with everything included at less than the dlc cost which never goes down? When I see the Arkham Knight trailer, it's awesome and I'm hyped then there's a fat DLC reminder at the end that's telling me, "not a day one purchase".
#18loafy013Posted 3/6/2014 1:57:52 AM
lazycomplife posted...
theSpiccoli posted...

I think he means "should" as in the price including the full game with the excised content. Two different views on the DLC story now (especially Day One stuff)

Imagine the game is a case of coke with only 10 cans, but they will sell you two more cans for a little extra. Some see it as coke pulling 2 cans out at the factory and selling them to get more out of it. Others see it that a 10 can case is they were ever going to sell, and getting a full 12-pack is a bonus.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#19krystylaPosted 3/6/2014 2:43:28 AM
Video game prices stayed the same for many years now but budgets skyrocketed. The software sales are declining every year.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#20richboy900Posted 3/6/2014 2:49:29 AM
I have no problem with dlc, but when its announced before the game even drops like bf4 with the China dlc is just out of order. Put it in the game, its a blu ray disc ffs.

One of the reasons 6th gen was my favourite era is because a game was made to be as great as possible on day one. Not any dlc nonsense, but I remember project Gotham racing 2 probably kicked it off. I don't mind and would buy it if it was for a quality game like pgr2.