How do you feel about developers that announce DLC before a game is released?

#21StRealityPosted 3/6/2014 3:23:57 AM
We shouldn't have to pay for additional packs of game that already existed before the game was released, because we're paying for what we believe to be a full game. Money isn't particularly a problem for me, I just refuse to pay an extra 10, 20 or 30 on top of the original 50.
---
Xbox One Pre-ordered!
''La Li Lu Le Lo''
#22DarkHolesPosted 3/6/2014 3:48:41 AM
Most pre release dlc comes as a pre order bonus its called marketing, if for whatever reason you did not get the dlc they give you the option to purchase it, usually at a reduced cost.
So no its not a scam.
#23OUberLordPosted 3/6/2014 5:23:28 AM
I don't mind day one DLC assuming it's not already included on the disc. Games builds can become locked in QA leading up to the gold master, and that process can be a month. At they point a good chunk of the team has nothing to do. Why shouldn't they start working on DLC?
#24loafy013Posted 3/6/2014 5:42:39 AM
DarkHoles posted...
Most pre release dlc comes as a pre order bonus its called marketing, if for whatever reason you did not get the dlc they give you the option to purchase it, usually at a reduced cost.
So no its not a scam.

So you would OK with buying a combo meal at Burger King, but not being allowed to eat the fries until you hand over some additional money?
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#25mike468Posted 3/6/2014 5:42:55 AM
After the botched launch of BF4 i despise them. I was open to it before, but now I refuse to buy a game that offers a season pass well before the game is released.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#26Gunvalkyrie2Posted 3/6/2014 2:01:33 PM
UtterMoon posted...
The Bank Heist DLC was a pre-order exclusive...I already said that I don't like those, but I can see the reasoning behind having them...and allowing others to buy that DLC is far better than denying that content to the majority of players who do not pre-order.

Multiplayer map packs are not that bad...yes they do tend to split the community..hell, I have yet to buy any of the Battlefield DLC...but this comes back to one of my other points. DLC is for people who LOVE the game...its not for everyone...its additional content that extends the lifetime of that game. Yes...it would be great if it was released for free...but making additional maps takes a lot of time and money...multiplayer maps are not that easy to make, and testing them for use can take months (months of paying a few dozen employees).

No way. You can't have it both ways..either it's a BONUS for people who pre order OR it's an additional piece of the game, one or the other...otherwise it's called gouging.
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#27Gunvalkyrie2Posted 3/6/2014 2:02:38 PM
DarkHoles posted...
So no its not a scam.

there's 1 born every minute.
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.