Titanfall has a Season Pass, typical Publishers cashing in...

#1Jedi454Posted 3/5/2014 10:15:32 PM(edited)
The game is online only at a full retail price which is fair enough, but now they want you to fork over more money to keep the game interesting for a longer period of time, instead of supporting it the right way by giving that DLC to owners for free.

This is another one of those FPS franchises. Why don't companies take a different approach by putting in cosmetic only micro-transactions in if they're so desperate for money? I'd pay $4-5 for a Gold Titan, anyone would.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#2rgwPosted 3/5/2014 10:19:20 PM
I do agree to some degree. With online only games, I think there should be less DLC cost. Like Call of Duty's season pass is a whole f***ing game's worth of money. That is absurd
---
rgw
--
#3Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/5/2014 10:20:14 PM
I agree, it's only 15 maps, the maps are not that big, no where near BF4 size maps and they didn't spend much time on a campaign, so where is the production value that says, $60 ,$60, there is none. Sure it costs money to make DLC, but it's just reusing the same assets to make it, modders in the PC community do a lot more by themselves in their spare time, for free so that's not a valid excuse and yes, the mod work looks a lot better, just check out all the Skyrim mods.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#4eddy_cocainePosted 3/5/2014 11:56:13 PM(edited)
Ehhh. Doesn't matter to me. I'll buy it and enjoy it. Not like they're forcing me to get a second job to afford it.

In the end dlc is not mandatory. So I don't see the point in whining about if it's free or not.

It's not ready by the games release, therefore it's not part of the original game. People have no problem paying for WoW expansions. And that's online only, costs more a month to play, and only adds items/quests. Big freaking deal.

It's pretty much expected that games now will have after release dlc. So what if they announce it now. It's a few days till release. It's not like they announced the game and then 5 minutes later said "by the way, dlc will be coming out soon after release, and we're charging for it, pay up suckers."

Stop acting so entitled, how is it a surprise that the developers want money in exchange for content of a HOBBY you enjoy.
---
GT: Toot Scoot PSN: CerebralLOLsy
Dear fanboys; get over yourselves. Video games are not the most important thing in life.
#5DoukouPosted 3/5/2014 11:56:34 PM
rgw posted...
I do agree to some degree. With online only games, I think there should be less DLC cost. Like Call of Duty's season pass is a whole f***ing game's worth of money. That is absurd

Believe the class president.
---
Don't read this sig.
Behold Mumashika, The Japanese horse deer demon http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Mumashika.jpg
#6Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 11:57:57 PM
eddy_cocaine posted...
Ehhh. Doesn't matter to me. I'll buy it and enjoy it. Not like they're forcing me to get a second job to afford it.

In the end dlc is not mandatory. So I don't see the point in whining about if it's free or not.

It's not ready by the games release, therefore it's not part of the original game. People have no problem paying for WoW expansions. And that's online only, costs more a month to play, and only adds items/quests. Big freaking deal.

It's pretty much expected that games now will have after release dlc. So what if they announce it now. It's a few days till release. It's not like they announced the game and then 5 minutes later said "by the way, dlc will be coming out soon after release, and we're charging for it, pay up suckers."

Stop acting so entitled, how is it a surprise that the developers want money in exchange for content of a HOBBY you enjoy.

Why is it the same price as a game that features a campaign then if there is only 15 maps and they announced DLC for it before it's even released? Cash grab.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#7DoukouPosted 3/6/2014 12:00:26 AM
Jedi454 posted...
eddy_cocaine posted...

Why is it the same price as a game that features a campaign then if there is only 15 maps and they announced DLC for it before it's even released? Cash grab.

The game has a campaign, it's just online.
---
Don't read this sig.
Behold Mumashika, The Japanese horse deer demon http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Mumashika.jpg
#8HiddenRoarPosted 3/6/2014 12:00:48 AM
eddy_cocaine posted...

With that kind of logic, pretty soon it's either "Buy this DLC or, sucks for you, you are unable to play with those that do have it"
#9eddy_cocainePosted 3/6/2014 12:14:27 AM(edited)
Let me say, that I have purchased the last 2 battlefield games and played a combined 2 hours of campaign. If you think that the campaign in a shooter is going to be the defining factor of whether people will but it or not.. Then you are surely mistaken.

But to humor you, it's full price because it has a story mode, multiplayer, and is a game that people worked their asses off to make.

PvZ garden warfare is legit multiplayer only. Has no real story, and is 40 bucks. And for the amount of fun it is, I'd happily pay 60.

I know some of the trolls on here will call me a non-gamer for enjoying something and not having a problem with a game company making money off of me. But so be it. I enjoy it. You may not.

The game will do just fine without your support.
---
Dear fanboys; get over yourselves. Video games are not the most important thing in life.
#10eddy_cocainePosted 3/6/2014 12:06:32 AM
HiddenRoar posted...
eddy_cocaine posted...

With that kind of logic, pretty soon it's either "Buy this DLC or, sucks for you, you are unable to play with those that do have it"

How is that new? Halo 3 hasp matchmaking lists only for people who had the dlc. What exactly is your point? Battlefield does it. I'll bet cod does it as well.

Is this really a surprise to people? Or do they just want to hate on titanfall?
---