Titanfall has a Season Pass, typical Publishers cashing in...

#31eddy_cocainePosted 3/6/2014 12:33:57 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
eddy_cocaine posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
eddy_cocaine posted...

So the game is lacking and it's not out yet? I better go cancel my preorder..

For a game that is not even out yet, you're defending it with your life. Are you one of those new Microsoft employees that posts positive feedback on forums?

No. Not with my life. I'm just stating my opinion. I enjoyed the beta. So I have a damn good feeling I'll enjoy the finished product.

And no. I don't work for Microsoft, but if they'd like to go ahead and pay me, I'm not going to refuse it.

Then why are you freaking out over another persons opinion?

Your opinion better than others?

Ugh... Fine, one more.

I'm not freaking out, he is staying it as fact, I'm saying it's my opinion.
---
GT: Toot Scoot PSN: CerebralLOLsy
Dear fanboys; get over yourselves. Video games are not the most important thing in life.
#32Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 12:35:57 AM(edited)
The point is, I don't care if the maps aren't big or not, I care that they're sucking us dry with season pass announcements for a game that hasn't even been released and it is only releasing with a base amount of 15 maps, which older CoD games have anyway, for the exact same price as CoD. CoD has your spec ops/ zombies, a campaign and multiplayer. Titanfall is multiplayer with campaign elements.

What do we all say about that? I think I just blame EA with the Season Pass bs.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#33VoidBeyondPosted 3/6/2014 1:55:03 AM
Jedi454 posted...
The point is, I don't care if the maps aren't big or not, I care that they're sucking us dry with season pass announcements for a game that hasn't even been released and it is only releasing with a base amount of 15 maps, which older CoD games have anyway, for the exact same price as CoD. CoD has your spec ops/ zombies, a campaign and multiplayer. Titanfall is multiplayer with campaign elements.

Didn't they say that there will be free DLC along with paid DLC? And no micro-transactions?
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//
#34Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 2:11:24 AM
VoidBeyond posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Didn't they say that there will be free DLC along with paid DLC? And no micro-transactions?

I heard nothing about free DLC.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#35InjusticeRebornPosted 3/6/2014 2:58:51 AM(edited)
Jedi454 posted...
VoidBeyond posted...
Jedi454 posted...

I heard nothing about free DLC.

Yeah, he's right.

Zampella said that along with the Season Pass, they'll release bits here and there for free, that they never managed to get into the game, like Private Matches as an example.

So think of it this way - the stuff they didn't get into the game for launch, will be free. The stuff in the Season Pass (which can be purchased as late as the release of the final paid DLC), is stuff created after the release of the game. So you'll be able to decide if you think the SP is worth it.

At least they're supposedly steering away from the usual "they removed stuff from the game to stick it in the SP" jazz.

To be fair, I can see the comparison between charging the same as a CoD game, when that has an extra mode (co-op), but as was stated, Titanfall does have a campaign, it's just online.

CoD's Season Pass costs the same as the game. TF's doesn't.
---
"The bottom line here is that it's ok to troll the Xbox One. Just don't troll the trolls. They are the bread and butter of this message board." Juzten
#36RS_YELARAKAPosted 3/6/2014 3:03:16 AM
You dont have to buy the DLC. Crazy concept I know.
---
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
Currently playing - BF4, PvZ:GW, TitanFall, PowerStarGolf
#37RS_YELARAKAPosted 3/6/2014 3:06:53 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
Just goes to show that Titanfall is still an EA game.

All companies do it now. You want DLC you pay for it.
---
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
Currently playing - BF4, PvZ:GW, TitanFall, PowerStarGolf
#38krystylaPosted 3/6/2014 3:09:07 AM
25$ for 3 DLCs is pretty cheap, BF4 premium is a joke compared.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#39Reginleif20Posted 3/6/2014 3:24:24 AM
Jedi454 posted...
The game is online only at a full retail price which is fair enough, but now they want you to fork over more money to keep the game interesting for a longer period of time, instead of supporting it the right way by giving that DLC to owners for free.

This is another one of those FPS franchises. Why don't companies take a different approach by putting in cosmetic only micro-transactions in if they're so desperate for money? I'd pay $4-5 for a Gold Titan, anyone would.

Because if they're truly desperate for money, they'll have microtransactions for more than just cosmetic changes. Why is this not obvious enough?
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#40chedibang1994Posted 3/6/2014 4:22:41 AM
People are bashing it like were about to play the Atari E.T. When know one knows what they are playing in the full release, both sides should shut up and wait until the eleventh I'm excited too yet there's big fights and trolling topics like this that makes no sense of course there's dlc there's always dlc don't gotta be a Microsoft employee to know this can't stand that 85 dollar mark you don't have to pay for then play another game until then chill out
---
I Still watch Angry Video Game Nerd in pajamas