Xbox Two/PS5 Disc vs Hard Drive vs.Cloud

#1Road_Kill_666Posted 3/6/2014 2:47:34 PM
I've seen some debate over which is best for our next Next Gen gaming experience. We can use hard drives or Cloud and focus on streaming, or keep using discs.

CLOUD(Streaming) or Hard Drive:

BAD IDEA because:
I don't have internet in my area so I have to buy games on disc.
I have nothing but slow internet in my area so it would take me hours to download games.
I have data caps with my Internet Service Provider so I can't be downloading 50 gig games.
I would have to rely on my internet as well as the cloud service to not go down.
No more midnight launches at Gamestop.
Possibly, no more Gamestop period.
If the drive fails, you lose access to all of your games.
If the drive fails it would be a nightmare to re-download 20 or more games.
The console might not have an upgradable hard drive for bigger storage(Xbox One)
I can't trade or share my games.

GOOD IDEA
Games will be cheaper due to less manufacturing.
If I don't have a store near by or transportation, I can still buy games online through my console.
No lines, no having games out of stock.

DISC

BAD IDEA because:
It will keep games $60 a pop they or or higher, plus DLC and micro transactions will continue.

GOOD IDEA because:
We rely on the game and not the drive so if 1 disc gets broken we still have all our other games.

Personally, I like having the disc and if I have to install the game but have the disc in as proof of purchase that's fine. I was excited when I heard there was a new Blu-ray format that did Quad layered disc's that can hold up to 150GB per disc. I also have met and exchanged gamertags with some really cool people while out at a Gamestop midnight launch with fellow gamers.

So when we move over to Xbox Two and PS5 what's the best way for you to get your games?
#2jpraelsterPosted 3/6/2014 2:48:48 PM
its too early to discuss the next next gen consoles
#3Road_Kill_666(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 2:55:49 PM
jpraelster posted...

Agreed, but just wondering what people are leaning for or against.
#4SADMZPosted 3/6/2014 3:17:29 PM
I pick the Sega Dreamdriveturn 32XCD System because it'll be the only next-next gen system to have Half-Life 4, and Final Fantasy VII: The 'Shut the F*** Up You Whiny F***ing Babies, Here's You're S***y Remake of a Crusty, Thirty Year Old Game' Edition.
#5Road_Kill_666(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 3:26:34 PM
SADMZ posted...
I pick the Sega Dreamdriveturn 32XCD System because it'll be the only next-next gen system to have Half-Life 4, and Final Fantasy VII: The 'Shut the F*** Up You Whiny F***ing Babies, Here's You're S***y Remake of a Crusty, Thirty Year Old Game' Edition.

ok please grab both of your ears, rub them slowly in a counter clockwise rotation and say woooooo- saaaaaaaaaaa.
#6jpraelsterPosted 3/6/2014 3:31:50 PM
Road_Kill_666 posted...
jpraelster posted...

Agreed, but just wondering what people are leaning for or against.

I say discs the world isnt ready for all digital when it comes to consoles I dont know about everyone else but I have a 100gb cap on my internet each much so all digital is a no go for me
#7RyuuHou25Posted 3/6/2014 3:38:18 PM
Games aren't going to go down in price if discs disappear.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A