What is the Cloud?

#11bloodlover4everPosted 3/7/2014 1:28:42 AM
Streaming games from the cloud had been Sony and MS JiZamez posted...
Cloud will probably just be like that Playstation Now thing, where games can be streamed. Maybe it's possible for them to stream more demanding games (that isn't possible through Xbone's hardware) through it down the line.

Can you explain further? Do you have to be online all the time? I guess so.
Can they have any visual advantage since every thing is running from the cloud then no hardware constrains!

To the TC, this is what MS wants to achieve, a gaming experience that are not constrains with the limitation of a hardware...not sure if it is even possible!
#12Styrof0amPosted 3/7/2014 1:33:08 AM
The following is Respawn Entertainments take on the cloud, which pretty much boils down to;
dedicated servers that will also host AI.

What is the Cloud?
[...] when companies talk about their cloud, all they are saying is that they have a huge amount of servers ready to run whatever you need them to run. That’s all

So what is this Xbox Live Cloud stuff then?
Developers aren’t going to just want dedicated servers – they’ll have all kinds of features that need a server to do some kind of work to make games better. ... So it’s not accurate to say that the Xbox Live Cloud is simply a system for running dedicated servers – it can do a lot more than that.

How is this different from other dedicated servers?
Microsoft priced it so that it’s far more affordable than other hosting options – their goal here is to get more awesome games, not to nickel-and-dime developers.

Wrapping up…
This is a really big deal, and it can make online games better. This is something that we are really excited about. The Xbox Live Cloud lets us to do things in Titanfall that no player-hosted multiplayer game can do.

MMGN: There’s one thing I keep getting mixed responses about when I speak about Xbox One development, and that’s the “power of the cloud”. I don’t think gamers really understand -- or believe -- what’s being said about it. How has Microsoft’s cloud technology shaped Titanfall , and how can it evolve, or perhaps improve?

Vince Zampella: Well the entire back-end of our game relies on it and really helps shape your experience. You’re going to connect to the big data centres. I think most people know what to expect. I’m going to get a 100ms ping to my closest data centres. There’s not this scenario where, ‘Oh, I’m host, I have 0 ping,’ and then the next game where Jimmy is host and I have 200 ping. So we’re moving that host advantage. But really importantly we’re doing a lot of things we couldn’t previously do. All the AI is being run on the server. Previously it would be a case where we said, okay, we’ll reserve x-percentage of everybody’s system just in case there’s a server. Now we can say, ‘Okay, offload that’. We can do more. We can put in that AI. We can expand what the world is and not have to worry about any advantage for any one person. It’s really part of the core of the experience.

sources:
http://www.respawn.com/news/lets-talk-about-the-xbox-live-cloud/
http://mmgn.com/xboxone/articles--respawn-co-founder-vince-zampella-talks-titan
---

CRD, it's a real killer ... http://youtu.be/ZkY0S-UyPTs
#13RaRitsujunPosted 3/7/2014 2:27:10 AM
The power of teh clOuDz could make the Xbone 4 times more powerful!!!
www.develop-online.net/news/microsoft-cloud-makes-xbox-one-four-times-more-powerful/0114948
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 45 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#14Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/7/2014 4:46:58 AM
So far the cloud is powering the AI behind the bots in Titanfall, of course they don't need much compute power because they have got to be the dumbest bots I've ever encountered in a game.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant