Microsoft Hopes Titanfall's Robots Can Save the Xbox One

#11Millertime660Posted 3/7/2014 2:48:13 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Millertime660 posted...

I did address it in my first post. Stay on topic soul trapper!

No you didn't, you made a (successful) attempt to derail the topic.
Which is what you always do when confronted with facts that you don't like.

So, will Titanfall save the xbox?
Will it enable an extra 500k console sales, as one analyst predicts?

Will Microsoft finally be able to announce their sales numbers instead of hiding them?

Nobody on this board can answer those questions. So thats why I am saying this thread is pointless.
#12Millertime660Posted 3/7/2014 2:49:02 AM
Are you angry that MS is hiding important information from you?
#13InjusticeRebornPosted 3/7/2014 2:53:04 AM
To be honest, I am seriously looking forward to the 'Titanfall isn't Xbox One's saving grace' topics when sales figures come out, if they ever do.

I mean, the game may play extremely well. It may even boost Xbox One sales. But I predict it'll still get knocked for some daft reason. For example, not being able to get the Xbox One to match PS4 numbers.
---
"The bottom line here is that it's ok to troll the Xbox One. Just don't troll the trolls. They are the bread and butter of this message board." Juzten
#14SoulTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 2:54:38 AM
Millertime660 posted...

Nobody on this board can answer those questions. So thats why I am saying this thread is pointless.

So why post in it?

Are you that upset that people want to talk about the console sales?
Is it because they're not doing well and your precious piece of plastic is almost falling behind even the WiiU?
Or is it just lack of anything else worth talking about involving this console that keeps you bumping this thread?

I would expect someone who likes the console and doesn't like the threads talking about the sales to be smart enough to post in threads that aren't talking about the sales.
But I tend to overestimate people's intelligence.

Not angry, curious as to why they're hiding them.
#15SoulTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 2:57:47 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
To be honest, I am seriously looking forward to the 'Titanfall isn't Xbox One's saving grace' topics when sales figures come out, if they ever do.

I mean, the game may play extremely well. It may even boost Xbox One sales. But I predict it'll still get knocked for some daft reason. For example, not being able to get the Xbox One to match PS4 numbers.

I'm fairly certain it will offer a nice boost, especially with the game being bundled with the console for free in some places.

But it's still a multiplayer only game, which cuts off a pretty significant part of the consumer base.

I think everyone knows the xbox will be behind the ps4 in sales for quite some time, for various reasons, and that titanfall isn't going to change this.

But it needs a boost in sales by March so that the sales figures they report at their investor meeting are decent.
#16Millertime660Posted 3/7/2014 3:01:49 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Millertime660 posted...

So why post in it?

Are you that upset that people want to talk about the console sales?
Is it because they're not doing well and your precious piece of plastic is almost falling behind even the WiiU?
Or is it just lack of anything else worth talking about involving this console that keeps you bumping this thread?

I would expect someone who likes the console and doesn't like the threads talking about the sales to be smart enough to post in threads that aren't talking about the sales.
But I tend to overestimate people's intelligence.

Not angry, curious as to why they're hiding them.

I could care less about sales.... I am pointing out how pointless i think this thread is. I come here to talk about actual games and accessories I find a bunch of threads about sales. Why not just search for one already created and post there?
#17Bladez_89Posted 3/7/2014 3:03:41 AM
Apex-Player posted...
Bladez_89 posted...
Save it? I wish I could sell 3 million + items in 4 months...

Except you're not MS

MS made what, 400mil profit off 360 last year or something like that was passed around.
They spent 100mil buying the Gears IP
Probably 25-100mil for TitanFall
100mil on the new controller
Rough guess 250mil - 1bil+ on advertising the xboxone
1 billion on new IPs
The repair costs of replacing xboxone units+ S&H

They are definitely backwards on profit again, and MS is undoubtedly not happy with only the 3mil in sales.

Unless you have solid statistics to back up your claim, I'm not taking it as truth mate.
---
Gamertag: B1ADE5
#18TheGam3925Posted 3/7/2014 3:04:19 AM
Dropping Kinect would boost Xbone sales way more than Titanfall ever can.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#19SoulTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 3:06:46 AM
Millertime660 posted...

I could care less about sales.... I am pointing out how pointless i think this thread is. I come here to talk about actual games and accessories I find a bunch of threads about sales. Why not just search for one already created and post there?

Clearly you do care, why else would you post in this thread and not in a thread about games?

Either that, or you don't realize that bumping this topic keeps topics talking about games and accessories off of the first page.
#20SoulTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 3:08:06 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
Dropping Kinect would boost Xbone sales way more than Titanfall ever can.

That would help, the price and the mandatory kinect are two of the issues they need to fix.

There's also the inferior multiplatform games and the bad taste last years E3 left in some people's mouth that they need to fix.