Xbox One is losing momentum in Europe.

#31billsfanno1Posted 3/7/2014 1:41:04 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Since when does Austria, Germany, Ireland, Spain and UK = Europe? Hard to say something has lost momentum when it largely hasn't even launched there yet...

Those are the countries the xbox 360 sold best in, so they've already had most of their sales in Europe.

A lot of stores in countries outside of those are currently importing consoles from neighboring countries to sell them.
I'm from Belgium, which is a really small country and I know of at least two stores in my immediate area that are already selling the xbox 1.

So it's rather unlikely that people who really wanted to buy one, don't have one at this point already.

The release in those other countries will get a boost in sales, but nothing significant.

X1 is just not a good value proposition at the price they are charging if you don't have native support for Kinect (language) and localized services. So while I can understand that the diehard Xbox gamers and/or those who want to be first on the block are paying higher prices to import them, I can't see X1 getting true penetration into these regions until there is native support.
#32TrueGBPosted 3/7/2014 2:17:51 PM
Everyone who wanted an X1 for Titanfall got one (and to a lesser extent, Dead Rising). Those of us who didn't buy the hype for Titanfall did not. That's what you're seeing now.
---
Future Billionaire
#33SoulTrapperPosted 3/7/2014 2:20:22 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Since when does Austria, Germany, Ireland, Spain and UK = Europe? Hard to say something has lost momentum when it largely hasn't even launched there yet...

Those are the countries the xbox 360 sold best in, so they've already had most of their sales in Europe.

A lot of stores in countries outside of those are currently importing consoles from neighboring countries to sell them.
I'm from Belgium, which is a really small country and I know of at least two stores in my immediate area that are already selling the xbox 1.

So it's rather unlikely that people who really wanted to buy one, don't have one at this point already.

The release in those other countries will get a boost in sales, but nothing significant.

X1 is just not a good value proposition at the price they are charging if you don't have native support for Kinect (language) and localized services. So while I can understand that the diehard Xbox gamers and/or those who want to be first on the block are paying higher prices to import them, I can't see X1 getting true penetration into these regions until there is native support.

No, just no.

Native kinect support isn't going to boost xbox sales

And the consoles aren't being sold at a higher price.
The stores importing them are multinationals who have stores in other countries where it is available already.
#34tobydammitPosted 3/7/2014 2:22:07 PM
billsfanno1 posted...

True. Let's wait until Malta, Luxembourg and Andorra weigh in before we declare the X1 a failure in Europe.
#35billsfanno1Posted 3/7/2014 2:30:32 PM
tobydammit posted...
billsfanno1 posted...

True. Let's wait until Malta, Luxembourg and Andorra weigh in before we declare the X1 a failure in Europe.

I was thinking France, Italy, Russia, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Belgium and Netherlands might be a bit more impactful. But the countries you chose speak clearly to your motivation and temperament.
#36krystylaPosted 3/7/2014 2:32:41 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
tobydammit posted...
billsfanno1 posted...

I was thinking France, Italy, Russia, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Belgium and Netherlands might be a bit more impactful. But the countries you chose speak clearly to your motivation and temperament.

France and Italy already have XBOs available but Suisse doesn't.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#37TrueBlue91Posted 3/7/2014 2:34:21 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
tobydammit posted...
billsfanno1 posted...

Xbone is ludicrously expensive in Europe. Those countries will not make much difference.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#38SoulTrapperPosted 3/7/2014 2:38:48 PM(edited)
billsfanno1 posted...
tobydammit posted...
billsfanno1 posted...

France and Italy have it already.
Russia is a relatively small market for consoles, most people there play on PC.

I think you're severely overestimating the size of the remainder of the European market if you expect a huge impact on the xbox sales when it's released in those other countries.
#39jellybeanmasterPosted 3/7/2014 2:57:33 PM
OliverValdez posted...
So what TC? If the xbox one is falling behind in sales in comparison to the ps4 and ps3 does that prevent you from having fun with your gaming system? I and many more can careless about sale numbers, sales does not affect fun factor.

it does matter. The industry is the way it is with its heavy western influence and shooters galore because Microsoft dominated last gen. The industry can be very different if Sony takes it back. We're talking heavy japanese influence in games again like they were in the PS2 era. A consoles performance affects you whether you like it or not. If u like the industry the way it is u better hope Microsoft turns things around.
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#40SabramPosted 3/7/2014 3:03:19 PM
GuitaristMatt posted...
Look at Vita sales. How many 3rd party games does the Vita get outside of Japan (where it actually is selling relatively well)? So the point is, on 3rd party support, that right now it could have support, but future support is not there. At least in Europe.

Let's not forget that the Vita sold better than the Xbone in the latest NPD
---
I have discovered the perfect game. It is called Starbound, and shall be played forever.
PSN: Sabram