Xbox One is losing momentum in Europe.

#41HungoverHero777Posted 3/7/2014 3:18:18 PM
You think this is bad, wait until you see the Japan numbers, if it has any.
---
"WHY WAS THERE BACON IN THE SOAP?!?!" -Zim, Invader Zim
Have a Wii U, getting a PS4.
#42PulpPosted 3/7/2014 3:21:30 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
Since when does Austria, Germany, Ireland, Spain and UK = Europe? Hard to say something has lost momentum when it largely hasn't even launched there yet...

Lol...Austria is on like the other side of the world -- nowhere near Europe! And you forgot England.
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#43krystylaPosted 3/7/2014 3:21:34 PM
jellybeanmaster posted...
OliverValdez posted...
So what TC? If the xbox one is falling behind in sales in comparison to the ps4 and ps3 does that prevent you from having fun with your gaming system? I and many more can careless about sale numbers, sales does not affect fun factor.

it does matter. The industry is the way it is with its heavy western influence and shooters galore because Microsoft dominated last gen. The industry can be very different if Sony takes it back. We're talking heavy japanese influence in games again like they were in the PS2 era. A consoles performance affects you whether you like it or not. If u like the industry the way it is u better hope Microsoft turns things around.

No it won't, Western RPGs evolved while Japanese stagnated. The glory days of Japanese games in the west are long gone and won't return. Just look at the games we get for Vita, half of them are ridden w/ stupid fanservice.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#44krystylaPosted 3/7/2014 3:22:48 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
tobydammit posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Since when does Austria, Germany, Ireland, Spain and UK = Europe? Hard to say something has lost momentum when it largely hasn't even launched there yet...

True. Let's wait until Malta, Luxembourg and Andorra weigh in before we declare the X1 a failure in Europe.

I was thinking France, Italy, Russia, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Belgium and Netherlands might be a bit more impactful. But the countries you chose speak clearly to your motivation and temperament.

Xbone is ludicrously expensive in Europe. Those countries will not make much difference.

It's 100 more than the PS4. Both are more than affordable. Heck I am a student and could afford both if I wanted to.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#45MistahApplezPosted 3/7/2014 3:23:23 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
It had momentum?

---
#1 Wii-U fanboy of the gamefaqs community.
#46Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 3/7/2014 3:26:27 PM
Duke_of_Nuke posted...
OliverValdez posted...
hakmiya posted...
OliverValdez posted...
So what TC? If the xbox one is falling behind in sales in comparison to the ps4 and ps3 does that prevent you from having fun with your gaming system? I and many more can careless about sale numbers, sales does not affect fun factor.

Actually it could. More sales=better third part support.

The xbox one has sold around 4 million so third party support is here. No need to talk all day about ps4 selling more, its not like the one is not selling.

The WiiU has sold more than that and we all know how badly it's doing with 3rd party support. Uh oh things aren't looking good for M$.

That's not being logical. MS will not fail to get the third party support that Nintendo will. Xbox users buy a lot of 3rd party games instead of just first party.
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
#47Enigma149Posted 3/7/2014 3:28:15 PM
Sabram posted...
GuitaristMatt posted...
Look at Vita sales. How many 3rd party games does the Vita get outside of Japan (where it actually is selling relatively well)? So the point is, on 3rd party support, that right now it could have support, but future support is not there. At least in Europe.

Let's not forget that the Vita sold better than the Xbone in the latest NPD

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Vita under 17,000 during January's NPD, while the Xbox One was at around 141,000? February's NPD numbers haven't been released, but even if Vita sales triple and Xbox One sales get cut in half, the Xbox One will still be ahead.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#48shrooboid313Posted 3/7/2014 3:29:13 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
It had momentum?

---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shrooboid313 - My YouTube channel.
FC: 2363-5620-6039 - 3DS Friend Code, Message me if you do add me.
#49HellsControllerPosted 3/7/2014 3:32:54 PM
jellybeanmaster posted...
OliverValdez posted...

it does matter. The industry is the way it is with its heavy western influence and shooters galore because Microsoft dominated last gen. The industry can be very different if Sony takes it back. We're talking heavy japanese influence in games again like they were in the PS2 era. A consoles performance affects you whether you like it or not. If u like the industry the way it is u better hope Microsoft turns things around.

You're doing a horrible job advocating for MS.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#50Order1886Posted 3/7/2014 3:36:00 PM
CHUBBYGURL posted...
Current sales trajectories have the xbone outselling the 360 by 20% and the ps4 out selling the ps3 by 40%.

Also thats wrong. Sales for Ghosts were much higher on xbone and that was with the ps4 version having 2 more weeks on market. Xbone CoD was also the best selling next gen game in January

Nope. Maybe the trajectories in November and December, but for the past 2 months, the Xbox One has been doing poorly and at the present rate, the PS4 will be 10s of millions ahead in years to come.

And no, you're still wrong. CoD Ghosts and BF4 have both sold overall more on the PS4. Want me to pull up their sales data?