Sell me on the non-gaming features

#1ThePylonPosted 3/7/2014 12:12:35 PM
Not interested in hearing about how xbone is weaker, more expensive blah blah. I am a pc gamer so they are terribad if I look at it like that.
Im seriously considering an xbone for titanfall but obviously its not exactly bright to buy a system for one game. And I know I have a pc but those pc fps players wipe the floor with me.
Id like to know how the other features of the console work. I live in Canada so afaik the tv related features dont work. Is the hdmi pass through issue really that noticable? Are there any little things that are not really advertised that improve the experience?
I recall my brother had a tough time removing his Cc from his live account and had to go to a pc to do it. Is this still the case?
Thanks for any info/ civil debate.
---
I play too many different games to even care.
#2EternalStutterPosted 3/7/2014 12:13:45 PM
Everything works great.
#3ThePylon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 12:16:26 PM
EternalStutter posted...
Everything works great.

Ok, how about snap. How does the audio work? Can I mute a single window? Or does it mix it together into one channel?
---
#4BloatedSquirrelPosted 3/7/2014 12:20:43 PM
ThePylon posted...
EternalStutter posted...
Everything works great.

Ok, how about snap. How does the audio work? Can I mute a single window? Or does it mix it together into one channel?

You can't change the audio of anything individually, so it's kind of lame.
---
"We laugh in the face of love, because nobody's really there."
#5EternalStutterPosted 3/7/2014 12:21:28 PM
BloatedSquirrel posted...
ThePylon posted...
EternalStutter posted...
Everything works great.

But they also just launched the console. Its going to be worked on at some point
#6ThePylon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 12:39:28 PM(edited)
BloatedSquirrel posted...

Ah I see. That is kind of unfortunate. Do the games still have audio options? (Colossally stupid question I know) Because I could work around that issue with in game menus.
Has anyone done this?
---
#7aszsithPosted 3/7/2014 12:56:01 PM
ThePylon posted...

I don't work for Microsoft and have nothing to gain or lose regardless of what choice you make as a consumer.

Sell me on why I should sell you on the non-gaming features.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#8ThePylon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 1:02:50 PM
aszsith posted...
ThePylon posted...

I don't work for Microsoft and have nothing to gain or lose regardless of what choice you make as a consumer.

Because I came to the Xbox forum and asked? I didn't PM you asking you to sell me on it. Honestly im surprised im not getting hit with the famous MS astroturf.

Like do the games still have audio options so I can work around the snap audio issues? Im sure they still do but I am wondering if anyone has done that to counter the issue.
---
#9BloatedSquirrelPosted 3/7/2014 1:07:34 PM
ThePylon posted...
aszsith posted...
ThePylon posted...

Because I came to the Xbox forum and asked? I didn't PM you asking you to sell me on it. Honestly im surprised im not getting hit with the famous MS astroturf.

Like do the games still have audio options so I can work around the snap audio issues? Im sure they still do but I am wondering if anyone has done that to counter the issue.

Most games should. Personally, I haven't tried because I don't really care for the snap feature. Most of the features feel too gimmicky to me. Come to think of it, I don't actually use my Xbox for anything since I currently don't own any games, so I've just been playin the ol' PS4 :)
---
"We laugh in the face of love, because nobody's really there."
#10aszsithPosted 3/7/2014 1:26:52 PM
ThePylon posted...
aszsith posted...
ThePylon posted...

I'm not saying you can't ask for information. But you didn't ask for information. You asked to be sold on buying a consumer product based on secondary features.

You want us to "sell you" on it? Fine. What are you paying? Because when I sell something, I expect to be paid for it.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.