Direct X 12 Confirmed for Xbox One!

#111InjusticeRebornPosted 3/8/2014 1:04:48 AM
Despite all the tech talk, this is the best post thus far:

billsfanno1 posted...
Well that's really interesting. Because a couple of days when stupid and naive little old me suggested there may be something going on with X1 and DirectX12, I elicited the following warm regards:

From BSerenity: "Really? Are you serious? I am not joking either. I really want to know if you are being 100% legitimately serious." "Has to be a faithful follower of MisterXmedia. I am sure he has to be having a field day on his useless blog." "I thought Hentai and chrish was bad, but damn... hot damn this is just sad now." "This is serious misterxmedia type ****, lol." "I love this topic. So much fail in such a short amount of time. Thank you crazy MS zealots. <3"

From LayLow12: "Well, now we know billsfanno doesn't know his elbow from ear hole. He's just reading from the MDF bullet points."

From iskadoosh: "It's quite sad that Bill can't appreciate his xbone for what it is, and instead clings on to some hope that there is magic hardware inside the xbone that will help it surpass the PS4. It won't Bill, so grow up, step off of MS's dick and buy yourself a PS4."

Note that I'm leaving out the pro-Sony people who engaged in the discussion with integrity (Xeeh_Bitz for one) -- I have no problems with differences of opinion when handled respectfully.

Now this isn't to say that the latest tweet necessarily means that X1 is going to benefit significantly from DX12, also not saying X1 will become more powerful than PS4. All I'm saying is that it's way too early for people to be beating their chests, trolling this forum and saying the types of things quoted above. Obviously there is something going on with X1 and DirectX 12. Obviously MS has bigger plans for X1.

XD

:wipes tear from eye:
---
"The bottom line here is that it's ok to troll the Xbox One. Just don't troll the trolls. They are the bread and butter of this message board." Juzten
#112slowdog76Posted 3/8/2014 1:30:49 AM
i have no idea what directx is or does and im not going to google, come back, and post, pretending to have a deep knowledge and understanding of it. i know that isn't the gamefaqs way. sorry
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#113BushidoEffect3Posted 3/8/2014 1:48:06 AM
Juzten76 posted...
Continued domination.

LOL
---
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif
FO3>NV. Don't agree? I don't care. (>^_^)>
#114Pixx0Posted 3/8/2014 1:59:08 AM
Juzten76 posted...
Continued domination.

in your pants...maybe...but not in what's called "real world".
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#115Order1886Posted 3/8/2014 2:34:51 AM
*shakes head at thread*

Do much chest beating and assumption that this means the Xbox is the victor and will overtake the PS4 in graphics or bring it up to par.

That's not how it works. Yes, this will improve the Xbox One's graphical efficiency, but it won't close the massive gap between the PS4 and Xbx One.

Developers won't be sitting on their hands fur the PS4 either. In fact, given the overwhelming sales of the PS4, developers are going to work harder at optimising the PS4 first.

People are absolutely deluding themselves in thus thread.
#116Order1886Posted 3/8/2014 2:36:06 AM
And sorry for typos. On phone.
#117Millertime660Posted 3/8/2014 2:56:32 AM
Order1886 posted...
*shakes head at thread*

Do much chest beating and assumption that this means the Xbox is the victor and will overtake the PS4 in graphics or bring it up to par.

That's not how it works. Yes, this will improve the Xbox One's graphical efficiency, but it won't close the massive gap between the PS4 and Xbx One.

Developers won't be sitting on their hands fur the PS4 either. In fact, given the overwhelming sales of the PS4, developers are going to work harder at optimising the PS4 first.

People are absolutely deluding themselves in thus thread.

I dont really see anyone beating their chest and calling xbox a victor of anything. I see some good discussion of some excited xbox owners though. believe it or not this is interesting news to some of us and yes, it could lead to easier optimization and better tools for developers.

I really dont see anything wrong with that. I think for the most part, bringing up the PS4 isnt even necessary in this discussion.
#118jairusmonillasPosted 3/8/2014 2:59:29 AM
Not to mention only few devs takes advantage of DirectX.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 2.00 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#119Order1886Posted 3/8/2014 3:00:30 AM
Millertime660 posted...
I dont really see anyone beating their chest and calling xbox a victor of anything. I see some good discussion of some excited xbox owners though. believe it or not this is interesting news to some of us and yes, it could lead to easier optimization and better tools for developers.

I really dont see anything wrong with that. I think for the most part, bringing up the PS4 isnt even necessary in this discussion.

Oh please, so all those "LOL domination continued" and "Poor poinies" posts mean what? That those posters are admitting the Xbox One will still trail in power and graphical output? Or are they obviously thinking this means the Xbox One will soar ahead of the PS4's graphics?
#120Millertime660Posted 3/8/2014 3:08:48 AM
Order1886 posted...
Millertime660 posted...

Oh please, so all those "LOL domination continued" and "Poor poinies" posts mean what? That those posters are admitting the Xbox One will still trail in power and graphical output? Or are they obviously thinking this means the Xbox One will soar ahead of the PS4's graphics?

I wasnt really reffering to those. This is gamefaqs and you are bound to see posts like that in any thread. My point was, for the most part, this thread has had some really great discussion in it. A lot more than most threads on this board.

Letting comments like that get to you and responding off topic is only going to derail the thread. This isnt a discussion about the PS4 after all.