Both XB1 and PS4 are a huge success

#11dolablaPosted 3/7/2014 6:43:34 PM
Xbox One is getting destroyed in sales by the PS4. Sales have fallen off a cliff for the X1. Titanfall won't be enough.
#12Enigma149Posted 3/7/2014 6:47:47 PM
dolabla posted...
Xbox One is getting destroyed in sales by the PS4. Sales have fallen off a cliff for the X1. Titanfall won't be enough.

The only reason the Xbox One is getting destroyed right now by the PS4 is because of the Japanese launch. Take that away, and they're pretty much even in the markets where they're actually competing.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#13Enigma149Posted 3/7/2014 6:49:40 PM
snakes_codec posted...
Global Hardware sales for the month of February according to VGChartz

PS4 - 449.705

Nintendo 3DS - 121.030

PS3 - 58.287

XBox One - 56.769

WII U - 44.503

PS Vita - 40.453

For all the laughing ive seen on this board over the WII U's poor performance in sales its clearly gone unoticed that since the launch hype died down the XB1 has barely been out selling the WII U on a weekly or even monthly bases XB1 has still yet to sell out its original shipped stock . Hell a last gen system even out sold it last month.

Those are weekly sales...

...in the PS4's Japanese launch week...
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#14dolablaPosted 3/7/2014 6:51:23 PM
Enigma149 posted...
dolabla posted...

The only reason the Xbox One is getting destroyed right now by the PS4 is because of the Japanese launch. Take that away, and they're pretty much even in the markets where they're actually competing.

Sony has been completely supply constrained. Now I just read Japan is also getting hit with being supply constrained. In some places in Europe, some people are on backorder lists all the way until April.

If they could actually meet demand all over the world, it would be much worse.
#15Enigma149Posted 3/7/2014 6:55:09 PM
dolabla posted...
Enigma149 posted...
dolabla posted...

Sony has been completely supply constrained. Now I just read Japan is also getting hit with being supply constrained. In some places in Europe, some people are on backorder lists all the way until April.

Ah. That may be the case, but it's not reflected in these charts.

And I thought the supply constraints in Japan were dealt with? I remember reading articles about scalpers not being able to sell systems due to a surplus, though those might be out of date.
---
#16ScymitePosted 3/7/2014 6:55:37 PM
dolabla posted...
Enigma149 posted...
dolabla posted...

But that's the problem. Playstation 4 is available in something close to 45 countries, while Xbox One is only available in 13 countries. PS4's are sold out largely in part because they're covering too much territory and spreading their supply chains too thin.
---
"I always found it both amusing and oddly appropriate that the rhetoric of the Information Age ended up being so... binary." -- Time_pants
#17dolablaPosted 3/7/2014 7:00:12 PM
Enigma149 posted...
dolabla posted...
Enigma149 posted...
dolabla posted...

Ah. That may be the case, but it's not reflected in these charts.

And I thought the supply constraints in Japan were dealt with? I remember reading articles about scalpers not being able to sell systems due to a surplus, though those might be out of date.

According to a new article released by Famitsu a couple of days ago (it was about second week sales), they said that they're supply constrained in Japan.
#18snakes_codecPosted 3/7/2014 7:02:11 PM
Can you provide a more credible source of then shuggy ?. im not seeing MS rushing to tell us there latest numbers .
#19dolablaPosted 3/7/2014 7:40:39 PM
Scymite posted...
dolabla posted...
Enigma149 posted...
dolabla posted...

But that's the problem. Playstation 4 is available in something close to 45 countries, while Xbox One is only available in 13 countries. PS4's are sold out largely in part because they're covering too much territory and spreading their supply chains too thin.

Maybe so.

If X1 released in the same territories as the PS4, I still don't think it would matter much. I think X1's would still be pretty easy to find, because honestly the rest of the world just leans more Playstation. It's one of the main reasons PS3 caught up to 360 in sales, despite losing in the US and UK. Now the two main territories that Xbox had (the US and UK) seem to have gone back to Playstation this gen.

Sales for the X1 just have really dropped off a lot. I don't think Titanfall is gonna be enough to move a lot of consoles; especially considering the game is also 360 (which has 80+ million users already in place) and PC.