hard copy vs digital

#1dclownprincePosted 3/7/2014 8:46:13 PM
Ok maybe its an age thing but I kinda like the digital copy. Maybe because now that im older, really don't like the clutter of my old video game library (which is taking up space in my closet) Now my disclaimer is I was ok be of the few that didnt mind the xbox one always on requirement. I believe that if you are a collector, hey more power to you. But I can bet most ppl aren't collectors, and yeah on a really BORING day I'll dust of the old n64 and play mario cart just for giggles. But that fades fast. Anyway my question is which do you like?
---
Move or get moved on
#2UtterMoonPosted 3/7/2014 8:49:21 PM
This topic......again...

Hardcopy for the games that I love..for the games I am proud to own. Digital for the games that I buy due to boredom...or when I just decide "Meh..I guess I will get that".
#3CapwnDPosted 3/7/2014 8:52:11 PM
For the exact same reason, I like digital. I have stacks of old libraries going back to Atari 2600. It's fun to play those old consoles occasionally, but usually I would buy or play the game on some kind of emulator or remake.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#4Jedi454Posted 3/7/2014 8:53:36 PM
Maybe if they drop the price on digital it would actually be worth it.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#5RebelGameMasterPosted 3/7/2014 8:55:08 PM
Hard copy: For games you know you might want to sell down the line.

Digital copy: For games that are on sale on the arcade. But most importantly for FPS games like Ghosts where there are reports of Hard copies being more laggy than digital.

Collector's Edition: For games you are a true fan of. For example, I have the Dark Souls 2 Collector's edition preordered for Tuesday.
---
This dispute is an abuse of the dispute form. Any further abuse of the form will result in loss of posting privileges or your account.
#6jellybeanmasterPosted 3/7/2014 8:58:39 PM
Hard copy all the way. But for xbox im going all digital. Goes against everything the system was made for if i cant just say what game i want to play. Besides, xbox game cases are so ugly with the green. Should be black and white like the system itself.
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#7AconformistPosted 3/7/2014 9:05:49 PM
Hard copies, I never buy digital. I like having a physical library of games plus the option to sell.

I also always pick up hard copies for less than retail over Craigslist.
#8Chanfan02Posted 3/7/2014 11:25:08 PM
99.9% of the time I get a hardcopy. I usually only go digital for arcade games or AAA games that are on sale. I am going to get Titanfall digital but that is because I have a $64 credit on my account.

I much prefer the physical copy and I hope digital doesn't take over yet. Our internet infrastructure isn't there yet in my opinion.
---
XBL: Chanfan02
PSN: JChanfan
#90PTICSPosted 3/7/2014 11:34:16 PM
I'll grab digitals if they're cheap or free.

I'm hoping they announce the digital download of MGS:GZ is $20 for next gen. Being what it is, $20 is my limit for digitals over physicals.
#10aszsithPosted 3/7/2014 11:36:10 PM
RebelGameMaster posted...
Hard copy: For games you know you might want to sell down the line.

Digital copy: For games that are on sale on the arcade. But most importantly for FPS games like Ghosts where there are reports of Hard copies being more laggy than digital.

Collector's Edition: For games you are a true fan of. For example, I have the Dark Souls 2 Collector's edition preordered for Tuesday.

This! for the most part anyway

I generally only buy digital titles if they are digital only or heavily discounted (or free). I prefer disc based games.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.