are u excited for watchdogs or you dont care anymore

#11Foxx3kPosted 3/8/2014 8:39:51 AM
Hucast9 posted...
Geist posted...
I haven't been keeping up with it actually. What is Sleeping Dogs, is it like a GTA type game?

Sleeping Dogs and Watch Dogs are 2 different games. Sleeping Dogs is a GTA clone set in China with all asian characters. Watch Dogs is open world like GTA, but Sleeping Dogs is more similiar to GTA than Watch Dogs is.

Sleeping Dogs is available for last gen consoles. Watch Dogs is coming soon. I highly recommend Sleeping Dogs.

I'd say Sleeping Dog's hand-to-hand focus does more to differentiate it from GTA than Watch Dog's "press X to win!" mechanic.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#12kennyynnooPosted 3/8/2014 8:41:13 AM
Any one else get sleeping dogs and watch dogs mixed up way back when they both were announced?
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#13desert_santaPosted 3/8/2014 9:17:54 AM
Depends on what else is out around the same time. With Kirby and Mario kart I don't need to buy watch dogs right away, but I hope the Wii u version is not delayed too long or I might get it on x1 or ps4 after a price drop.
#14MrImpatient35Posted 3/8/2014 9:42:24 AM
I used to be very interested. The release date timing of May 27 works out lovely. The only thing that I'm worried about is the downgrade in the physics. Child of Light comes out about a month before Watch Dogs, and I'm guessing I'll spend A LOT of time on that game, so it's between the two. I wont have time for both. Right now, it looks like I'll get CoL instead.
---
March madness anyone? So many games!
#15GeistPosted 3/8/2014 10:01:36 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Any one else get sleeping dogs and watch dogs mixed up way back when they both were announced?

Haha I did in this topic! I meant to ask what is Watch Dogs?
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#16gohoanqPosted 3/8/2014 10:09:22 AM(edited)
I was incredibly excited for it when it was first shown.. and kept up that excitement until about a month before the first release date.. I noticed it started looking really meh compared to earlier versions of it. Then after playing GTAV I thought.. all you ever see is the same crap. Walk around slowly, hack stuff, shoot dudes.. maybe race to catch a car.. repeat. There just wasn't enough life or things to do in that game that I could tell. So I cancelled my preorder of it literally two days before they announced it was delayed. lol

I felt a sense of "meh" since then. I saw the story trailer and thought "what the hell happened to the graphics!?" So I've pretty much lost all interest in it, which is sad because the story seems somewhat decent. I don't want a game that is literally a shell of its former self though.

Also "Sleeping Dogs and Watch Dogs are 2 different games. Sleeping Dogs is a GTA clone set in China with all asian characters. Watch Dogs is open world like GTA, but Sleeping Dogs is more similiar to GTA than Watch Dogs is."

I wouldn't call it a GTA clone, it was supposed to be a "Streets of" game but was cancelled by Activision then remade as Sleeping Dogs. It's very different from GTA. Only similarities are that it's an open world action game. You play as a freaking cop like in the past streets of games. lol
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#17AzaneAzerPosted 3/8/2014 10:23:50 AM
Talked about too much, not enough substance.
#18Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/8/2014 10:27:02 AM
Waiting for reviews to describe more of the gameplay.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant