I held my first XB1 controller today.

#21spacejamjordanzPosted 3/8/2014 12:32:17 PM
slyman19 posted...
spacejamjordanz posted...
slyman19 posted...
Saying one craps on the other is pure fanboy drivel. They are both solid controllers. Each one improving other their predecessors. DS4 is miles better than DS3. X1 controller has noteable improvements, but it already had a solid layout to work with.

After the rubber peeled off my DS4`s analog sticks, I can absolutely say the XBO controller is FAR better.

Controller preference is highly subjective. Even though I am aware about the peeling analogs, neither one of my DS4s have had that issue, and I have had them both since day 1. I personally prefer the X1 controller if I had to choose one, but the DS4 is still solid in my opinion.

Honestly I highly doubt you even have a PS4 given as much you like to provoke Sony fans on the other board, and the way you cheer for Sony's demise. You even do it in your sig which seems somewhat childish. I am sorry, but I can't help but to take anything you say with a grain of salt.

http://psnprofiles.com/SLYMAN2

Here`s the thing. Just because you like something, doesn't mean the whole world has to like it. I`m not a fan of the DS4 and I`m not wrong in thinking it`s not a solid controller. Grow up and realize everyone has differing opinions.

I had already acknowledged the fact that preference is highly subjective. So I don't know where you are getting that from. I condemned your conduct, not your opinion.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#22slyman19Posted 3/8/2014 12:37:18 PM
slyman19 posted...
slyman19 posted...
Saying one craps on the other is pure fanboy drivel. They are both solid controllers. Each one improving other their predecessors. DS4 is miles better than DS3. X1 controller has noteable improvements, but it already had a solid layout to work with.

After the rubber peeled off my DS4`s analog sticks, I can absolutely say the XBO controller is FAR better.

Controller preference is highly subjective. Even though I am aware about the peeling analogs, neither one of my DS4s have had that issue, and I have had them both since day 1. I personally prefer the X1 controller if I had to choose one, but the DS4 is still solid in my opinion.

Honestly I highly doubt you even have a PS4 given as much you like to provoke Sony fans on the other board, and the way you cheer for Sony's demise. You even do it in your sig which seems somewhat childish. I am sorry, but I can't help but to take anything you say with a grain of salt.

http://psnprofiles.com/SLYMAN2

Here`s the thing. Just because you like something, doesn't mean the whole world has to like it. I`m not a fan of the DS4 and I`m not wrong in thinking it`s not a solid controller. Grow up and realize everyone has differing opinions.

I had already acknowledged the fact that preference is highly subjective. So I don't know where you are getting that from. I condemned your conduct, not your opinion.

Your first reply to me made it sound like I was wrong in saying the XBO controller takes a huge crap all over the DS4.
---
Bankruptcy Awaits!
#23crucialPosted 3/8/2014 12:39:03 PM
More I use X1 controller the more I like,I just love the feel of it,fits like a glove,triggers are by far the best ive used.

I would give the X1 controller a 9.5/10 knocked off half a point because the bumpers took a bit to get use to and its only flaw,I would give 360 controller a 9/10,great FPS controller but the Dpad was horrible and the analogs are set a tad bit to high with slipage.

Overall X1,360,DS2 and Super Nes are the 4 best controllers IMO.
#24rgwPosted 3/8/2014 12:42:52 PM
The 360 controller was already the best console controller design ever in my opinion. The XB1 controller is just a measured, iterative improvement on what was already the best controller. I think Sony improved their controller the most though. I really hated the playstation controller from the original and DS1 through 3. The DS4 has a MUCH better feel to it but I haven't played with it for weeks to know enough about it to make a build quality judgement.
---
rgw
--
#25archibald3Posted 3/8/2014 12:44:40 PM
Am I the only one who's a little shocked that the tc has been pumping the ps4 and trashing the Xbox One for quite a while and yet he only just held the controller ? Just shows you what constitutes an "informed" opinion around here.
#26bob15xPosted 3/8/2014 12:47:07 PM
piccolo54 posted...
TreGooda posted...
The Xbox One controller is the greatest controller made in gaming history thus far.

naw, Xb1 controller ain't got crap on DS4

to me the ds4 feels like its going to break in my hands when i use the shoulder and trigger buttons, but the x1 controller is too loose in the sticks.
#27skermacPosted 3/8/2014 12:47:47 PM
TreGooda posted...
The Xbox One controller is the greatest controller made in gaming history thus far.

How come its not as good as the 360 controller?
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#28piccolo54(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 12:48:16 PM
DS4 has the rubber thingies for more durable grip, and the shoulder buttons IMO are easier to push, and the fact that the home button is all the way on the top is hard to get used to. At least DS4's isn't THAT far away from the center, where it used to be.
---
Just call me Ao Ryuu; 3DS FC: 3625-8869-5035 Peaceful music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mQpwOS6PCM
#29patcooper114Posted 3/8/2014 12:51:05 PM
i love teh ds4 only thing is poor battery life gotta charge it after a few hours of use.

i'll have my hands on the xb1 controller for the first time tuesday. tf bundle baby
---
psn= patcooper
#30Rancid_SkankPosted 3/8/2014 12:57:08 PM
I agree with TC, having previously thought the 360 controller was perfection I have to say the X1 controller is far better.

I wasn't sure at first because of the bumpers, but after spending some time with it I started to hold it slightly differently to the 360s pad (I rotated my hands slightly outward when holding it) and it not only feels more comfortable but the bumpers are far easier to use than before.
---
GT: RancidSkank
PSN: Rancid_UK