I held my first XB1 controller today.

#31rgwPosted 3/8/2014 12:57:50 PM
archibald3 posted...
Am I the only one who's a little shocked that the tc has been pumping the ps4 and trashing the Xbox One for quite a while and yet he only just held the controller ? Just shows you what constitutes an "informed" opinion around here.

Just say things

that is all that constitutes an opinion anywhere.
---
rgw
--
#32ry_mannPosted 3/8/2014 1:02:42 PM
Comparing the three Xbox controllers, Xbox's was too large and bulky.

360's was better, but the D-pad was aweful.

XB1's is much, much better than the other two, but the bumpers and new HOME button position take some getting used to.

All in all, my personal vote goes to the XB1 controller, after a few hours it's as natural as the PS2's controller.
---
PSN: Ry_mann88 xFire: ithinkipooped
www.clanbotc.com
#33piccolo54(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 1:04:32 PM
archibald3 posted...
Am I the only one who's a little shocked that the tc has been pumping the ps4 and trashing the Xbox One for quite a while and yet he only just held the controller ? Just shows you what constitutes an "informed" opinion around here.

oh, well I was going to save for an XB1, But NOOOO, maybe I'll get a Wii U or 3DS XL instead (I'm 50 away from XL) just because the people here are so RUDE!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mgKy9urWxao/T9vVoWv93UI/AAAAAAAAA_4/e076366xv0Q/s400/tumblr_m5mrheEGXp1qeiog9.gif
---
Just call me Ao Ryuu; 3DS FC: 3625-8869-5035 Peaceful music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mQpwOS6PCM
#34ipickupslotsPosted 3/8/2014 3:18:45 PM
xb1 controller felt more like a dreamcast controller tb2h
#35piccolo54(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 5:17:03 PM
ipickupslots posted...
xb1 controller felt more like a dreamcast controller tb2h

doesn't sound right...
---
#36MonicasBackPosted 3/8/2014 5:22:43 PM
rgw posted...
The 360 controller was already the best console controller design ever in my opinion. The XB1 controller is just a measured, iterative improvement on what was already the best controller. I think Sony improved their controller the most though. I really hated the playstation controller from the original and DS1 through 3. The DS4 has a MUCH better feel to it but I haven't played with it for weeks to know enough about it to make a build quality judgement.

360 controller had horrible dpad, made even simple actions like changing weapons a hit or miss.
---
Monicaaa
#37piccolo54(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 5:31:36 PM
MonicasBack posted...
rgw posted...
The 360 controller was already the best console controller design ever in my opinion. The XB1 controller is just a measured, iterative improvement on what was already the best controller. I think Sony improved their controller the most though. I really hated the playstation controller from the original and DS1 through 3. The DS4 has a MUCH better feel to it but I haven't played with it for weeks to know enough about it to make a build quality judgement.

360 controller had horrible dpad, made even simple actions like changing weapons a hit or miss.

---
#38ExtortionsPosted 3/8/2014 5:32:43 PM
ninja_starX posted...
TreGooda posted...
The Xbox One controller is the greatest controller made in gaming history thus far.

Said no one ever..
#39lunchbox2042Posted 3/8/2014 5:33:36 PM
Minus the crap D-pad, I prefer the size, joystick layout and overall feel of the Xbox 360 controller. If the DS4 would have had better quality plastic for the handles and changed the D-Pad and left joystick positions around, it would be my favorite controller though.
#40rgwPosted 3/8/2014 5:47:35 PM
MonicasBack posted...
rgw posted...

that is true...overall, I think the layout was the best of any console.
---
rgw
--