Anyone else who bought one of the new Surround Sound headsets feel screwed over?

#21JohnWall32Posted 3/8/2014 3:29:11 PM
nope..I own a PS4
---
Board User Level: Legend
#22kingbahamut83Posted 3/8/2014 3:58:39 PM
Juzten76 posted...
Rod1984 posted...
I bought the 4 shots yesterday and played some thief and then battlefield 4, I am definately getting a cinematic surround sound experience out of these, I here my team reloading, firing, walking behind me, I hear people shootindf from my left and right, all sorts of sound effects I hear in different dir3ections, and when i rotate my character to the point of origin, the sound on the left travels as well as if I am really turning to find the source of the sound, the only problem I am having with the 4 shots is here and there, if there ias too much sound, there is like an extreme split second of the sound going mute, its very faint that i didnt realize it at first, but now that I do notice, its starting to annoy me a little

That would be impossible because the headset adapter is not outputting surround sound. Even Microsoft has said there is no surround sound support yet for the headsets that use the adapter for sound. The more expensive headsets that use the optical cable are the only ones that will have surround sound for now.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/02/24/xbox-one-controller-may-support-surround-sound-in-future-update.aspx

just because they aren't surround sound doesn't they can't imitate it. I have a pair of munitio billets that i plugged into the adapter and I could which direction noises were coming from. So you should first, stop whining about virtual surround sound (stereo) headset not performing to your ***** on a pedestal standards and second got to a doctor and have your ears checked cuz something ain't working right bruh.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#23Juzten76(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 11:41:37 PM(edited)
kingbahamut83 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
Rod1984 posted...
I bought the 4 shots yesterday and played some thief and then battlefield 4, I am definately getting a cinematic surround sound experience out of these, I here my team reloading, firing, walking behind me, I hear people shootindf from my left and right, all sorts of sound effects I hear in different dir3ections, and when i rotate my character to the point of origin, the sound on the left travels as well as if I am really turning to find the source of the sound, the only problem I am having with the 4 shots is here and there, if there ias too much sound, there is like an extreme split second of the sound going mute, its very faint that i didnt realize it at first, but now that I do notice, its starting to annoy me a little

That would be impossible because the headset adapter is not outputting surround sound. Even Microsoft has said there is no surround sound support yet for the headsets that use the adapter for sound. The more expensive headsets that use the optical cable are the only ones that will have surround sound for now.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/02/24/xbox-one-controller-may-support-surround-sound-in-future-update.aspx

just because they aren't surround sound doesn't they can't imitate it. I have a pair of munitio billets that i plugged into the adapter and I could which direction noises were coming from. So you should first, stop whining about virtual surround sound (stereo) headset not performing to your ***** on a pedestal standards and second got to a doctor and have your ears checked cuz something ain't working right bruh.

It's a fact. The Polk 4 Shots can not do surround sound right now. Not only does the headset adapter not support surround sound, I owned the Polk 4 Shot headset, played 4 games on it and know for a fact that they weren't in surround sound. The headsets do support it, but until the adapter is patched so it can output virtual surround sound, no headset that relies on the headset adapter for an audio signal is going to output surround sound.
#24WSB_MastaPosted 3/9/2014 6:22:24 AM(edited)
I have the XO Sevens and I hear directional sound as well. Playing battlefield I heard someone running outside of the building that I was on top of. I knew exactly where they were and ran toward that edge of the roof for an easy kill.

I was also able to easily avoid a tank that new where I was because knew which way he was going.

I heard jets fly by and helicopters coming and then passing on the side, etc.

I think it sounds better than my old A40's as far as sound goes but not directional sound yet. If they ever update it to use virtual surround sound then these will be the best thing ever.
---
MastaKing
#25ado982LPosted 3/9/2014 7:57:19 AM
So that adapter lets you listen to stereo sound through the headset without connecting anything to the xbox console. That's clever, but also crap, if not surround sound. The web page and manual does not seem to state what type of sound you get!

I have the adapter pre-ordered for use with my Astro's, but now it seems that might not work properly with chat....
#26Juzten76(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 8:00:59 AM
ado982L posted...
So that adapter lets you listen to stereo sound through the headset without connecting anything to the xbox console. That's clever, but also crap, if not surround sound. The web page and manual does not seem to state what type of sound you get!

I have the adapter pre-ordered for use with my Astro's, but now it seems that might not work properly with chat....

It's some seriously misleading crap.