Is this true, Xbox One will be more powerful than PS4 with DirectX 12?

#11THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 3/8/2014 11:16:31 AM
The Cloud part 2.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#12mike468Posted 3/8/2014 11:19:45 AM(edited)
http://makeameme.org/media/created/brace-yourself-the-ygivq9.jpg
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#13Order1886Posted 3/8/2014 11:17:22 AM
Yes!

Direct X will cause all Xbox One's to spawn two GTX Titans running in SLI inside them.
#14UtterMoonPosted 3/8/2014 11:21:28 AM
No...DirectX12 might make some things better...maybe..but it isn't going to make that big of a difference, also...it may prove difficult to work with, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are A LOT of problems to be ironed out before it even sees the light of day on a console.
#15crawdadPosted 3/8/2014 11:22:19 AM
Troll_Directory posted...
not more powerful, but possibly more efficient. depends on sony's software expertise this generation. they have the more powerful hardware, no doubt about it.

Having done some personal research into the matter, this is the most accurate reply.

Efficiency is the only real improvement we'll see. And that's of itself, not in comparison to the PS4. The facts seem to be that the PS4 is not only reasonably more powerful but Sony finally got the Architecture right for developers this time around as well.

DX12 only being a new tool/instruction set it's not, unfortunately, going to awaken some latent or dormant powers with in the XBO that'll make it run like a High End PC.

I'm barely educated in the matter so I'm not sure what DX12 if anything, will actually do for the XBO.
---
Expert at the Monster Mash.
GT: Gojirra | PSN: Gojirra102 | steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#16spacejamjordanzPosted 3/8/2014 11:22:21 AM
I won't go that far just yet. All we know is that the Xbox One will surely benefit from DX12, but we don't know by how much. It's still good news for the Xbox One regardless. Things are definitely looking up on the development side of the house.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#17Bladez_89Posted 3/8/2014 11:25:12 AM
UtterMoon posted...
No...DirectX12 might make some things better...maybe..but it isn't going to make that big of a difference, also...it may prove difficult to work with, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are A LOT of problems to be ironed out before it even sees the light of day on a console.

Hasn't it been in development for like 5 years? When did DX11 come out?
---
Gamertag: B1ADE5
#18crawdadPosted 3/8/2014 11:30:13 AM
Bladez_89 posted...
UtterMoon posted...

Seriously though, does anyone here have any actual good knowledge that can place the existence of DX12 in real terms for the XBO?

the only thing i know is that the least we can expect from it is absolutely nothing. lol.
---
Expert at the Monster Mash.
GT: Gojirra | PSN: Gojirra102 | steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#19Bladez_89Posted 3/8/2014 11:32:51 AM
Haha I agree! People are so quick to fire their guns around here.

We're at the very beginning of a long console generation. Let's sit back, play the games and see what the future holds, and no it won't be bankrupt companies or sold off devisions.

The gaming industry seems to be strong, agreed stuff is happening we don't like, dlc on the disc micro transactions etc etc but hey! it's the way things are going, either ride the wave or get out the water I say.
---
Gamertag: B1ADE5
#20schmarkenheimerPosted 3/8/2014 11:44:30 AM
If they have a stacked die why wouldn't:

AMD have released that for their own APUs? If they can stack an extra GPU in there then that'd be huge for them and they would use it. Assuming a full stack (i.e. 1:1 on top and below) that'd be around 245mm^2 for their retail APUs:

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/7677/01%20-%20Kaveri%20Die%20Shot.jpg

"In fact, AMD says Kaveriís GPU accounts for 47% of the die. "

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/a10-7850k-a8-7600-kaveri,review-32867-3.html

So 512 shaders in about half, so double that would be about another 1024 under the die. That'd be a ridiculous performance improvement. Why would they not use it if they could do it!?!

People report it? Considering all the leaks that happen it would've come out.

MS report it? Just playing the long con. The ol' "let them think we have the less powerful console, lose sales from that (multiplat players) then reveal it later" line. A classic, first thing you learn in marketing.

Foxx3k posted...
From my non-technical background:

Almost assuredly not because of what that picture supposedly shows.
Probably not because of Direct X 12.

Given that DirectX 12 is talking about "closer to the silicon" like Mantle was, and Mantle isn't producing huge results, ...

Mantle mainly helps CPU intense applications. If you're GPU bound it won't help much (if at all). Considering console environment, I doubt it'd help either considerably unless their tools are terrible, which I doubt.

Bladez_89 posted...
UtterMoon posted...

Late 2009/early 2010 iirc.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12