We need Dead Space for next gen...

#1BoBEasyCompanyPosted 3/8/2014 12:21:55 PM
A fresh start, but going back to the Dead Space 1 roots. I thought DS3 to be very disappointing.
---
GT:Flagless
#2Foxx3kPosted 3/8/2014 12:23:27 PM
i think we should see an open world dead space game that'd be cool if he were like in a city and the xenomorphs look like people now and he has to take on an open world adventure where he tracks down the xenomorphs in a futuristic space city and he could drive cars and there could be wacky side missions like playing space-tennis with a xenomorph or playing space-golf with his engineer buddies or playing space-drag-racing
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3MrImpatient35Posted 3/8/2014 12:25:09 PM
A next gen Dead Space would be sick! And maybe I'm too hopeful for the Kinect in those kinda games, but they could use it to do some awesome things in a game like that. MAYBE they could do something like reading your heartbeat, and that controls the music maybe?
---
March madness anyone? So many games!
#4BoBEasyCompany(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 12:25:18 PM
Haha!
---
GT:Flagless
#5SoulTrapperPosted 3/8/2014 12:27:07 PM
Please no.

EA killed the franchise with Dead Space 3, no need to dig it up and abuse it.
They clearly proved that they have no clue what people liked about Dead Space.

No good can come of another game in the franchise.
#6Foxx3kPosted 3/8/2014 12:28:14 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
Please no.

It's funny that Dead Space 3 proved two things

- EA is capable of making great games
- EA doesn't know how to use their IPs, so they just slap an IP on a great game and call it a day, not knowing that it diminishes both the IP and the game quality.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#7SoulTrapperPosted 3/8/2014 12:34:33 PM
Foxx3k posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Please no.

It's funny that Dead Space 3 proved two things

- EA is capable of making great games
- EA doesn't know how to use their IPs, so they just slap an IP on a great game and call it a day, not knowing that it diminishes both the IP and the game quality.

I agree, up to a point.

Dead Space 3 was a decent game, I don't think it was anything above average by itself.

As a Dead Space game, it was bad.

It's something EA does often: trying to appeal to a wider audience.
And in doing so, they pretty much always manage to alienate the existing fanbase and killing the franchise.
Dragon Age 2 is another example of this.
#8dutch2099Posted 3/12/2014 7:33:21 PM
BoBEasyCompany posted...
A fresh start, but going back to the Dead Space 1 roots. I thought DS3 to be very disappointing.

^ this
---
To quote a famous philosopher, "it". That is all
#9StrongBlackVinePosted 3/12/2014 11:05:43 PM
EA really damaged the IP by introducing human enemies. Also the game was extremely casualixd by being able to kill Necromorphs without severing their limbs.

It may get revisited in few years.
#10shads3055Posted 3/13/2014 4:40:31 AM
I loves ds3