I'm surprised at how Anti-Titanfall Gamefaqs is.

#141ramo-216Posted 3/9/2014 4:08:50 PM
I own a PS4, so you can call me biased if you want.

Securing this game is about the smartest move MS made during this launch period. It looks really fun, and yes I am disappointed it isn't coming to playstation.

The more I read about though, there are two things that are turning me off about it. I don't want bots in my fps game. You can argue every point you want to. I don't like them, and don't want them.

The second, is that this game feels like it is being dumbed down. I keep reading how even casual players can feel like a bad ass. This will be great for casuals. It will also help sell a lot of units. This is the staple of the CoD formula.
I don't want a game that makes it easy for everyone. It reminds me of how we now give trophies to peewee teams that finish in last place. I feel if you are playing a COMPETITIVE game, the strong should be strong, and the weak should be weak. Are you truly a badass if your game has training wheels on it?
My favorite fps game ever was CS. So I am sure that has a lot to do with how I feel. That game's learning curve was unforgiving. It had some of the best players I have ever seen though. You don't get that good playing a game that makes everything easy for you. Look at CoD. I have never seen one person that I consider good at aiming in that game. The reason is, you don't have to be.

Anywho. I am sure the game will be fun as hell. Enjoy playing it. In spite of how I feel, I would def still play it. It just isn't the competitive shooter I am looking for.
---
PSN: r2a1m6
Aim Assist: Off
#142SparkItUpPosted 3/9/2014 4:30:22 PM
ComradeRyan posted...
I would not call myself anti-Titanfall. I just have no interest in playing it.

^ exactly this. It simply just doesn't appeal on any level to me...that doesn't mean I am against it.