Seriously both consoles are outdated: watchdogs 4K on PC! Why this gen is behind

#11rgwPosted 3/8/2014 1:57:26 PM
We all know that 4k is probably a year (maybe two) from a manufacturer like Vizio becoming a price leader in that area. 4k televisions will be prevalent by the middle of this generation's life cycle.
---
rgw
--
#12rgwPosted 3/8/2014 2:00:26 PM
Batistute posted...
rgw posted...
I thought the pc masterrace was above the fray of the p. intense console wars.

Dude do you feel the difference between PC and XboxOne or PS4 the same as the difference between PC and Xbox360 during its time! 360 was a remarkable technological achievement and HD wasn't the standard but 360 was HD ready.

Console gaming always has a lot of potential because people typically play on larger screens than their PC gaming rigs. I'd explain 4k as the difference between old iPhones and newer iPhones with retina displays....but on huge television displays. We're talking about jaggies being gone for good type of stuff.
---
rgw
--
#13PulpPosted 3/8/2014 2:02:57 PM
ISPs are already struggling with bandwidth and you people think 4k will ever have mainstream adoption? Not a chance. Meanwhile, BR movies are still are including DVD copies.

The market is a long way from upgrading.
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#14richboy900Posted 3/8/2014 2:03:49 PM
Batistute posted...
rgw posted...
Do you think 4K is as big as the jump from 480 to 720 then 1080

No but if you read the article you will understand the limitations of both consoles! I played killzone on PS4, man I couldn't get a next gen feel, it is a slightly improved resolution and facial animation.

This wasn't the case when I first played Xbox360 or the original Xbox.

That's true, I remember being blown away with the original Xbox and then the 360. In their day, those were very powerful systems. That's not the case with either the one or the ps4, and mainly why I don't own either of them yet.

I'm actually thinking of pc gaming, but at the same time, still sort of want an xb1 when the price drops.
#15yanksfan4247Posted 3/8/2014 2:10:44 PM
richboy900 posted...
I remember being blown away with the original Xbox

Lmao, must have been a console gamer. Nothing on original Xbox was worthy of being blown away if you were playing on PC at the time.
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#16jon davisPosted 3/8/2014 2:25:03 PM
yanksfan4247 posted...
richboy900 posted...

Lmao, must have been a console gamer. Nothing on original Xbox was worthy of being blown away if you were playing on PC at the time.

At least he isn't a pompous ass.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#17plus1zeroPosted 3/8/2014 2:27:43 PM
See sig
---
How do you know someone games on a PC? Don't worry, they'll tell you.
#18mokmuudPosted 3/8/2014 2:31:41 PM
Batistute posted...
mokmuud posted...
Except 4k isn't the standard in entertainment right now.

As rgw rightfully said the previous consoles were prepared for full HD, now at least we would expect the next gen to have the capacity of reaching 4K in the future.

By the time 4k gaming is practical it will be time for the next gen.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#19richboy900Posted 3/8/2014 2:34:39 PM
yanksfan4247 posted...
richboy900 posted...

Back then I probably didn't play or experience much pc gaming. Only joint operations typhoon rising and moh allied assault.

For a console the Xbox was impressive hardware wise. It actually felt like gen 6.5, and had twice the power of the ps2. It certainly would be closer to a high end pc (back then) than the 8th gen systems are to a high end pc now.
#20kennyynnooPosted 3/8/2014 2:36:13 PM
I wonder if people forget that you can make a video of a piece crap in 4k but you will still be looking at a turd. Clearity only magnifies the imperfections of what you're looking at and every single game has its imperfections graphically, 4k 1080 720....unless its real life video its not going to matter to much, sometimes to clear looks bad and exposes things, its hard to explain but as I said a turd is still a turd at 4k.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30