Respawn: We Did Not Sell Titanfall to Microsoft

#51Reece504Posted 3/9/2014 12:20:48 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
CKnight posted...
Titanfall hasn't proved to be a IP worth buying. Yes the beta was funny the hype is strong but good games under perform all the time.

On the flip side Sony fans already talking sequel and bending over backwards to say Respawn isn't happy about the Microsoft exclusive deal just makes the game that much more appealing to people on the fence about pulling the trigger to get the X1. So congratulations on that.

This made me laugh about how true it is. They mock the game now but are so eager for it to come to their system.

Reminds me of all the bungie and bioware hate from before and makes me really appreciate the xbox games.

Pretty much it's funny to me, glad I went with the One I'll probably get ps4 later when uncharted and something else I like come out maybe even when the order drops.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#52TheCyborgNinjaPosted 3/9/2014 12:24:49 AM
Sevi_ney posted...
imagine if Sony bought the rights to Titanfall.

Titanfall 2 would be exclusive LOL so hard

It's probably more important to not go bankrupt. They'll get a multiplatform release of 2 for free.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#53Spetsnaz420Posted 3/9/2014 1:15:05 AM
slyman19 posted...
JohnWall32 posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...
JohnWall32 posted...
Well this thread got bumped but I don't see the posts...yes I ignored the not so slykid. Anyway for those who don't understand or maybe are just in complete denial...basically when you buy an exclusive you are paying for the potential sales that game would have got on that console.It's probably based on a percentage of the userbase. So Sony would be paying for 3.6 million Xbox One users and MS would be paying for 6.0 million Sony users. A 3rd grader can tell you who's going to have to pay more.

Also, a 3rd grader would also be able to tell that total numbers of PS4 in the consumer's hands does not equal the same amount of copies of a game sold.

I mean, every time Titanfall is brought up on the PS4 board, it is shot down with disinterest. It's not all of the PS community, but it's a general idea.

So, is your theory how it actually goes down? Or is that some fairy tale you wish to believe? Because I find it hard to believe anyone would sign a contract saying they'd cover missed sales when there isn't any guarantee there was any there to begin with.

I clearly said a percentage of the userbase...I guess you responded in a mad rage before reading the entire post. I understand. You are now finally starting to realize MS will not be able to buy exclusives so freely this gen...yes they are in serious trouble. Enjoy your console though.

The OG Xbox sold 1/5 of the PS2, yet many 3rd-party games were kind of close in sales. Some like Splinter Cell sold better on the Xbox. The first Titanfall will not be the PS4, ever. This likely means that more people will buy the Xbox version over the PS4 version as they associate TF with Xbox. That will be taken into account when any deals are made. Thus the price MS will have to pay will be the same as Sony or slightly more. It certainly won't be a significant amount.

Funny, you are the one in a mad rage to say something stupid like the Xbox is in danger.

What's wrong princess? Tired of t getting owned in the PS4 forum so you decided to get owned here instead?
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#54DanE4764Posted 3/9/2014 1:47:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#55InjusticeRebornPosted 3/9/2014 2:01:45 AM
DanE4764 posted...
Xbox fanboys are crazy with this topic. Gosh darn they're pretty stupid and are grasping at straws. Can't actually defend their console so they post a link about Sony going bankrupt, but oh wait... It had nothing to do with their gaming division( which is doing great! At the moment it's selling 3x faster than the Xbox). So I don't really see the connection. If anything you guys should be scared, do you want me to post the link about the current CEO wanting to sell of the Xbox division, because that's a lot more likely to happen than seeing ps4 fail.

Eh?

Someone said something about Sony buying exclusivity, which was countered with the idea they can't, linking to some tosh about Sony selling off things because of 'reasons'.

That wasn't brought up to defend the console.

But you knew that...

Please do share your link.
---
"The bottom line here is that it's ok to troll the Xbox One. Just don't troll the trolls. They are the bread and butter of this message board." Juzten
#56hak145Posted 3/9/2014 3:33:29 AM
Reece504 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
CKnight posted...
Titanfall hasn't proved to be a IP worth buying. Yes the beta was funny the hype is strong but good games under perform all the time.

On the flip side Sony fans already talking sequel and bending over backwards to say Respawn isn't happy about the Microsoft exclusive deal just makes the game that much more appealing to people on the fence about pulling the trigger to get the X1. So congratulations on that.

This made me laugh about how true it is. They mock the game now but are so eager for it to come to their system.

Reminds me of all the bungie and bioware hate from before and makes me really appreciate the xbox games.

Pretty much it's funny to me, glad I went with the One I'll probably get ps4 later when uncharted and something else I like come out maybe even when the order drops.

This reminds me of mgs4 and how xbox fanboys did the same exact thing. Hypocrites much?
*inb4obligatorymgs4isamoviecomment*
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump, PSN: CRAZIERjump
Winner: Dark Souls.....2
#57NeoMonkPosted 3/9/2014 3:39:59 AM
Order1886 posted...
Damn, Slimeman got schooled by JohnPwn.

I remember that!
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#58DanE4764Posted 3/9/2014 7:59:57 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-ceo-candidate-may-consider-selling-xbox-killing-bing-report/1100-6416052/

http://www.slashgear.com/will-new-microsoft-ceo-nadella-sell-the-xbox-division-09316229/

http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/11/8/5080192/microsoft-ceo-candidate-stephen-elop-bing-xbox-rumors

http://www.policymic.com/mobile/articles/81823/microsoft-may-drop-their-xbox-division-here-s-why

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/stephen-elop-ceo-microsoft-bing-xbox,25027.html

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/02/investors-want-microsofts-new-ceo-to-abandon-the-xbox-division/

Just so you know, I don't hate Xbox, but I do hate it when fanboys spin things around ( for both Xbox and Sony), and I don't actually
believe that Xbox is gong to be sold off.
#59InjusticeRebornPosted 3/9/2014 8:06:22 AM
Ohhh, so you're just reposting links or ones similar that were on the second page. Which we've gone over already?

I don't really put much thought to these subjects. Despite all the times people have brought up Sony's 'money problems', last night was the only time I actually read about it, or parts about it.

Do I care? No. I'm still getting a PlayStation 4 when they're in stock and when I feel like the time is right for me.

Same applies to these issues about a few people wanting Microsoft to 'dump' Xbox, supposedly. Again, I don't care. I'll get the Xbox One eventually too. Might be sooner than I think, if friends cave in with the recent bundles. :/
---
"The bottom line here is that it's ok to troll the Xbox One. Just don't troll the trolls. They are the bread and butter of this message board." Juzten
#60FinzFan4lifePosted 3/9/2014 8:12:52 AM
heres the thing johnwallace MS can afford to pay for the lost sales that the game would have gotten on PS4 Sony can not afford it,

MS has more money to burn then sony does.

and that is FACT
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012