Xbox Live about to become more than I bargained for.

#1HeathenutopiaPosted 3/8/2014 6:12:11 PM
Microsoft is trying to persuade politicians to take out targeted ads on Xbox Live, Skype, MSN and other company platforms as midterm elections begin heating up around the country. To plug the idea, Microsoft officials handed out promotional materials Thursday at CPAC, the annual conference for conservatives.

It's the latest move by tech companies to seize a piece of the lucrative political ad market. The ads, which would appear on the Xbox Live dashboard and other Microsoft products, combine Microsoft user IDs and other public data to build a profile of Xbox users. Campaigns can then blast ads to selected demographic categories, or to specific congressional districts. And if the campaign brings its own list of voter e-mail addresses, Microsoft can match the additional data with individual customer accounts for even more accurate voter targeting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/03/07/microsoft-is-using-your-data-to-target-political-ads-on-xbox-live/

I do NOT want to see this crap while I'm on my systems. /sigh
---
GT: HeathenUtopia
PSN: HeathenUtopia / Morguennes
#2bob15xPosted 3/8/2014 6:20:58 PM
Heathenutopia posted...
Microsoft is trying to persuade politicians to take out targeted ads on Xbox Live, Skype, MSN and other company platforms as midterm elections begin heating up around the country. To plug the idea, Microsoft officials handed out promotional materials Thursday at CPAC, the annual conference for conservatives.

It's the latest move by tech companies to seize a piece of the lucrative political ad market. The ads, which would appear on the Xbox Live dashboard and other Microsoft products, combine Microsoft user IDs and other public data to build a profile of Xbox users. Campaigns can then blast ads to selected demographic categories, or to specific congressional districts. And if the campaign brings its own list of voter e-mail addresses, Microsoft can match the additional data with individual customer accounts for even more accurate voter targeting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/03/07/microsoft-is-using-your-data-to-target-political-ads-on-xbox-live/

I do NOT want to see this crap while I'm on my systems. /sigh

there could be an opt out. So best not to get all upset yet.
#3SaltyBotzPosted 3/8/2014 6:22:00 PM
I'm voting for Obama again, so the adds don't even matter.
#4PorungaPosted 3/8/2014 6:22:35 PM
That's going to be a hard sell...

"Hey video game user... vote for *rich white sleazebag politician*. If elected, he will spend a good portion of his time blaming tragedies on video games and trying to get them all banned."
#5JeDDyDPosted 3/8/2014 6:22:40 PM
Ugh
---
"Purple Monkey Dishwasher"
#6Heathenutopia(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 6:22:52 PM
SaltyBotz posted...

Lol...good luck with that.
---
GT: HeathenUtopia
PSN: HeathenUtopia / Morguennes
#7garcia_jxPosted 3/8/2014 6:41:21 PM
Porunga posted...

"Hey video game user... vote for *rich white sleazebag politician*. If elected, he will spend a good portion of his time blaming tragedies on video games and trying to get them all banned."

Lol
#8SnickleseedPosted 3/8/2014 6:49:37 PM
SaltyBotz posted...

yeah he's not only the first black president but he's also the first one on track to serve a 3rd consecutive term, despite the little detail that no president is allowed to serve more than two consecutive terms...

not only that, but you gotta be old enough to vote anyway, son
---
not changing this sig until "being an idiot" is a moderation reason
#9cloudtheprophetPosted 3/8/2014 7:04:03 PM
Porunga posted...

You just won the intenetz
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet Xbox Live: Cloudtheprophet
#10SnakesPlayGamesPosted 3/8/2014 7:05:11 PM
Snickleseed posted...
SaltyBotz posted...

yeah he's not only the first black president but he's also the first one on track to serve a 3rd consecutive term, despite the little detail that no president is allowed to serve more than two consecutive terms...

not only that, but you gotta be old enough to vote anyway, son

Actually that amendment is fairly new, FDR served three terms.
---
Gamertag : burnalivetolive