Xbox Live about to become more than I bargained for.

#11SnickleseedPosted 3/8/2014 8:14:23 PM
SnakesPlayGames posted...
Actually that amendment is fairly new, FDR served three terms.

Oh. Well regardless, the odds of him voting for Obama again are about as likely as the Xbox One outselling the PS4 in the next year
---
not changing this sig until "being an idiot" is a moderation reason
#12darkphiresagePosted 3/8/2014 8:24:24 PM
shouldn't be surprised tc. they made it very clear before launch how much potential the system had for ad revenue. hell, they did a whole interview on it for some reason. not sure who's bright idea that was.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#13Order1886Posted 3/8/2014 8:27:46 PM
Political ads?! On a gaming system?! I've heard it all now. It's unbelievable that Xbox fans continue to put up with this.
#14mygoodluckcharmPosted 3/8/2014 8:30:58 PM
Greedy M$, always take every chances to make more money.
#15CaIiber345Posted 3/8/2014 8:43:50 PM
Porunga posted...
That's going to be a hard sell...

"Hey video game user... vote for *rich white sleazebag politician*. If elected, he will spend a good portion of his time blaming tragedies on video games and trying to get them all banned."

Winning.
---
Rest in Peace, Harold Ramis (1944-2014)
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Destiny
#16aszsithPosted 3/8/2014 8:45:12 PM
Porunga posted...

"Hey video game user... vote for *rich white sleazebag politician*. If elected, he will spend a good portion of his time blaming tragedies on video games and trying to get them all banned."

You're excluding Obama, Sarah Palin, and Hilary Clinton from your extremist observation.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#17PorungaPosted 3/8/2014 8:52:43 PM
aszsith posted...
Porunga posted...

You're excluding Obama, Sarah Palin, and Hilary Clinton from your extremist observation.

It was a joke and (slight) exaggeration you ****. Despite the fact that there are people of other races politics, the number of rich white sleazebags in politics far outnumber them. And what about what I said did not describe clinton or palin? So, what else have you got?
#18TheCyborgNinjaPosted 3/8/2014 8:54:12 PM
I'd rather see them than Eminem on the "music" panel every other week.

I don't live in America, so I think it won't impact me...
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#19lilj812Posted 3/8/2014 9:03:50 PM
Heathenutopia posted...
Microsoft is trying to persuade politicians to take out targeted ads on Xbox Live, Skype, MSN and other company platforms as midterm elections begin heating up around the country. To plug the idea, Microsoft officials handed out promotional materials Thursday at CPAC, the annual conference for conservatives.

It's the latest move by tech companies to seize a piece of the lucrative political ad market. The ads, which would appear on the Xbox Live dashboard and other Microsoft products, combine Microsoft user IDs and other public data to build a profile of Xbox users. Campaigns can then blast ads to selected demographic categories, or to specific congressional districts. And if the campaign brings its own list of voter e-mail addresses, Microsoft can match the additional data with individual customer accounts for even more accurate voter targeting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/03/07/microsoft-is-using-your-data-to-target-political-ads-on-xbox-live/

I do NOT want to see this crap while I'm on my systems. /sigh

Other public data... Like what the kinect can pick up?
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#20SabramPosted 3/8/2014 11:39:18 PM
SnakesPlayGames posted...
Snickleseed posted...
SaltyBotz posted...
I'm voting for Obama again, so the adds don't even matter.

yeah he's not only the first black president but he's also the first one on track to serve a 3rd consecutive term, despite the little detail that no president is allowed to serve more than two consecutive terms...

not only that, but you gotta be old enough to vote anyway, son

Actually that amendment is fairly new, FDR served three terms.

FDR was elected 4 times actually. He only served 12 years though due to his death from a massive stroke.
---
I have discovered the perfect game. It is called Starbound, and shall be played forever.
PSN: Sabram