Question: Did they say why X1 isn't displaying right in 1080p?

#1SkaFrost89Posted 3/8/2014 8:50:43 PM
It was displayed for it, but what happened? Sorry if this wss already asked.
---
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb20/PrinceVegeta89/kazum.png
#2krystylaPosted 3/8/2014 8:56:24 PM
Uh wut?

The XBO outputs an HDMI signal (monitors, displays and screens display), it is always 1080p if your TV supports and asks for it.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#3PorungaPosted 3/8/2014 8:57:49 PM
Currently developers are unable to get the game code running on the xbox one hardware at that resolution while maintaining the level of graphics detail and frame rate. It is always a balance between graphics detail, resolution, and frame rate. To increase one, you must make sacrifices in another. As developers get more proficient with their coding optimization, allowing them to get the most performance from the hardware, this will become less difficult... unless they choose to continue to sacrifice resolution and/or frame rate in order to increase graphics detail even further. They could, right this minute, make a game run at 1080p 60fps but it would require a decrease in graphics detail.. essentially making it a 360 game running at a higher resolution and frame rate.
#4ElPolloDiablo87Posted 3/8/2014 8:58:49 PM
krystyla posted...
Uh wut?

The XBO outputs an HDMI signal (monitors, displays and screens display), it is always 1080p if your TV supports and asks for it.

C'mon, you know this is just a stealth "lol 720p" topic.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#5That_Damn_KidPosted 3/8/2014 8:59:29 PM
I smell a troll
---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID --- PSN: Lamburghini89///PS4, X1, Wii U, 360, 3DS
#6krystylaPosted 3/8/2014 9:05:00 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
krystyla posted...
Uh wut?

C'mon, you know this is just a stealth "lol 720p" topic.

Does it hurt to still answer the question correctly?

I also wasn't sure exactly what he was asking as the title is barely decipherable.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#7SkaFrost89(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 9:16:34 PM
I'm being dead serious. I see every topic showing the "oh ps4 can run 1080 and xbox cant". I'm not smart when it comes to graphics and frame rates.
Also thank you Porunga. Would they be able to fix it where it runs at 1080 and have good frame rate, is it the hardware?
---
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb20/PrinceVegeta89/kazum.png
#8DOWBLACKNINJAPosted 3/8/2014 9:27:58 PM
The system has only been out for 4 months, give it time. Devs will a better hang of the system and Imo things will progressively get better. Devs just got a new SDK, plus DX12 might give way to more optimizations. Do you remember PDZ, compare that to Halo 4.
---
Gamefaqs where opinions becomes facts.
Tmo U.S. Galaxy S4
#9ShariusPosted 3/8/2014 9:28:51 PM
not enough wind to move the cloud?
---
PSNID: ShariusTC
#10PorungaPosted 3/8/2014 9:50:27 PM(edited)
SkaFrost89 posted...
I'm being dead serious. I see every topic showing the "oh ps4 can run 1080 and xbox cant". I'm not smart when it comes to graphics and frame rates.
Also thank you Porunga. Would they be able to fix it where it runs at 1080 and have good frame rate, is it the hardware?

Yes, it is hardware that is the limiting factor here. Regardless of this limitation, the xbox one will be a perfectly capable gaming machine, but certain sacrifices will have to be made for the developers to be able to have their game run with the visual quality level they want, and maintain a playable frame rate. Usually this means resolution will take a hit. There is a huge focus on resolution right now, this is due to a combination of trolls merely looking to irritate the xbox player base, and people that are legitimately concerned about the xbox ones long-term viability. It raises questions and concerns when one system can pull these resolutions off while maintaining graphics detail and frame rate, and sometimes even surpassing it, while the other seems to be struggling and things need to be reduced to get a similar presentation. If the system is already struggling with games now, what will happen a few years from now? I do believe that the xbox ones problem with his frame rate/resolution will get better as the developers get better at optimization, the system will always come up short when it comes to directly competing with ps4 versions of multi-platform games. These games will be perfectly playable, and most people will never notice a difference, but in a analysis between the versions it will come up short. I am not being a fanboy, or a troll. I am not trying to insult to xbox one... I am just stating the fact of the matter. When all is said and done, whatever differences there are will be visibly minor because developers are good at covering up any technical limitations. But look under the hood, and the real story is told.