I need help...please question about GameStop return policy

#1LEGEND_KILLERRRPosted 3/9/2014 4:18:13 AM
so last night I want to gamestop and purchased the Astros a50's NEW. took them home open them up play for about 30 minutes. I find out there's an update firmware so I decided to download it mind you this is for my xbox one and ps4. well since I updated them they (do not work) at all.. no sound, nothing. I've tried about 10 Solutions nothing seems to work
and there's no definitive answer why this is happening...

can I take these back today and return them and get my money back?

it makes me sick to my stomach. that I forked over $300...
---
GT HantedBlueMoon Respect Competition. (Don't Hate it)
#2Nights2KPosted 3/9/2014 4:47:27 AM
As long as u have receipt and it was brand new boxed when your purchased it I don't see why they won't give you store credit or just replace them for you, that's what they do in the UK as long as you got receipt they will just gov u refund, it don't cost the company anything they just send the faulty ones back to the company
#3Mr_KillstreakPosted 3/9/2014 5:08:44 AM
They are an accessory and can be returned for a full refund within 30 days with receipt, sealed or opened. I have been through many trial and errors with headsets and am glad that return policy exists.

Read the back of your receipt.
#4NeoMonkPosted 3/9/2014 5:16:55 AM
Could have bought an invisible jet pack for that much!
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#5kennyynnooPosted 3/9/2014 5:18:37 AM
Car dealerships have a policy that once its plugged in it can't be returned on electronics, wonder if its the same in your case. You could return they stating it doesn't work at all, don't mention updating it at all just say out of box they're broken and they will take them back. Last step is call the manufacturer for advice.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#6evan13Posted 3/9/2014 7:09:58 AM
You could call them and ask, I have a feeling Gamestop might know their own return policy better than GameFaqs.
---
Xbox live GT: Frecky B
"I am no fanboy. I am just mad that the ps3 works"- SethJessa
#7kennyynnooPosted 3/9/2014 7:15:12 AM
Worst case scenario they exchange them for unopened ones and then you return those.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#8VirobotPosted 3/9/2014 7:26:31 AM
evan13 posted...
You could call them and ask, I have a feeling Gamestop might know their own return policy better than GameFaqs.

---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes." -Blackbeard.
#9RawringAirPosted 3/9/2014 7:29:43 AM
the power of the internet

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Returns.aspx
---
Best poster on GameFAQs
You are the most irritating GameFAQs poster, correct your sig. - Crack_Fox
#10BTM4444Posted 3/9/2014 10:44:10 AM
Same thing happened to my astro a50's a week after I bought them. I went and got replacements first and they stopped working after a few days too. Then I requested a refund for the piece of s***.

As long as you have the receipt, you can get a full refund.
---
I'm a Proud Xbox One Owner :)
Microsoft will never sell the Xbox One without Kinect!