MS Confirms Xbone is DX12 hardware

#21garcia_jxPosted 3/9/2014 12:50:02 PM
What is direct x12 and why should I care (as an Xbox One owner)?
#22AceviperPosted 3/9/2014 12:51:52 PM
garcia_jx posted...

as an xbox one owner, you shouldn't care at all

its not going to do much if anything for it
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#23DOWBLACKNINJAPosted 3/9/2014 1:15:19 PM
rgw posted...
It is definitely confusing that XB1 is associated with this DX12 announcement.

Microsoft is not really that secretive of a company. They could have announced at the XB1 debut that the system would be the first device to have hardware-level DX12 support with little repercussion. That is the main reason I am skeptical of some Microsoft surprise happening in regards to hardware-level DX12 support in the XB1. Microsoft is a company known for throwing out every bats*** prototype they're working on out for public viewing, why hide DX12 support in the XB1 hardware?

More than likely there is capacity for software level DX12 support that gives meaningful but not earth shattering performance gain on the platform. I seriously doubt that this GPU on-board right now has some magic DX12 switch on it.

You must be kidding about MS not being secretive. This is the same company that always say they don't want to show things at E3 unless it's coming out before the next E3. Or who hid specs of the One from Devs until the very last minute, even if they had SDKs.
---
Gamefaqs where opinions becomes facts.
Tmo U.S. Galaxy S4
#24jakethenoobPosted 3/9/2014 1:37:16 PM
garcia_jx posted...

Google

MS is lying about this anyway. Just like how Sony lied about Killzone multiplayer being 1080p
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#25Ramsus082Posted 3/9/2014 1:37:29 PM
Styrof0am posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Cool, Qualcomm is listed, cellphones must be bumpin that DX12 hardware

Considering they're doing DX11 compatible SoCs, then why not DX12?

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/177123-qualcomm-announces-new-64-bit-eight-core-socs-with-dx11-graphics

Gamechanger. Qualcomm/cellphones rocking dat DirectX12.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#26GGearXPosted 3/9/2014 1:41:21 PM
Really wish someone would speak in english about this, I need to know what it does, Impove graphics?

Improve physics?

lighting? extures? AI? WHAT
---
So like. You wanna play?
#27rgwPosted 3/9/2014 1:41:22 PM
DOWBLACKNINJA posted...
rgw posted...
It is definitely confusing that XB1 is associated with this DX12 announcement.

Microsoft is not really that secretive of a company. They could have announced at the XB1 debut that the system would be the first device to have hardware-level DX12 support with little repercussion. That is the main reason I am skeptical of some Microsoft surprise happening in regards to hardware-level DX12 support in the XB1. Microsoft is a company known for throwing out every bats*** prototype they're working on out for public viewing, why hide DX12 support in the XB1 hardware?

More than likely there is capacity for software level DX12 support that gives meaningful but not earth shattering performance gain on the platform. I seriously doubt that this GPU on-board right now has some magic DX12 switch on it.

You must be kidding about MS not being secretive. This is the same company that always say they don't want to show things at E3 unless it's coming out before the next E3. Or who hid specs of the One from Devs until the very last minute, even if they had SDKs.

They are objectively not a secret company compared to companies like Apple or Nintendo.
---
rgw
--
#28TheBorderColliePosted 3/9/2014 1:51:56 PM
"In fact, the API won’t have anything to do with increasing the resolution to whatever the standard is these days. However, what it can do is free up GPU resources through efficient hardware acceleration. So effects like ray tracing, superFog or whatever custom effects we may see down the line will be implemented and thus allow for an improved frame rate and resolution now that the GPU is free for those tasks"

And now millions of Sony Resolution Fanboys are now very, very nervous.....
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)
#29Ramsus082Posted 3/9/2014 1:57:18 PM
GGearX posted...
Really wish someone would speak in english about this, I need to know what it does, Impove graphics?

Improve physics?

lighting? extures? AI? WHAT

It makes programming some graphics features easier for developers, if their game engine takes advantage of thise features. They may, since some dx12 features are supported, or they may not because they're still not "free" resources, since the gpu still needs to process the code and clearly the gpu is a bit, I don't know.... let's agree on "underpowered"?

Sony fanboys are trying to trivialize these software enhancements to keep X1 discussion negative, and X1 fanboys are trying to overhype it and argue that this is a game changer or will finally bring parity with the PS4.

It helps, obviously. I mean, supporting dx12 is better than not supporting it, right?
---
#30Ramsus082Posted 3/9/2014 2:00:44 PM
TheBorderCollie posted...
"In fact, the API won’t have anything to do with increasing the resolution to whatever the standard is these days. However, what it can do is free up GPU resources through efficient hardware acceleration. So effects like ray tracing, superFog or whatever custom effects we may see down the line will be implemented and thus allow for an improved frame rate and resolution now that the GPU is free for those tasks"

And now millions of Sony Resolution Fanboys are now very, very nervous.....

Sony fanboys should be happy that the floor of the lowest common denominator for multiplatform games just got raised a little higher. This is good news for them, too.
---