MS Confirms Xbone is DX12 hardware

#41RS_YELARAKAPosted 3/10/2014 2:50:35 AM
PS kids dont like this news very much lol
---
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
Currently playing - BF4, PvZ:GW, TitanFall, PowerStarGolf
#42BSerenityPosted 3/10/2014 2:54:43 AM
RS_YELARAKA posted...

There is no reason to fear this news. It isn't going to bring parity. It will get closer which is always good, but the hardware will continue being a bottleneck. At most there will be software emulation of the DirectX 12 features, but that is far worst and much more costly.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#43joe_davidPosted 3/10/2014 3:07:17 AM
We should se a similar change.

http://www.megaleecher.net/Download_DirectX_10_For_XP#axzz2vYXxD1xM
---
god of war 2 is the best game eva
#44ScRuiPosted 3/10/2014 3:21:54 AM
Software over hardware.... That was the case the majority of last gen... It took time to use ps3 cell power... 360 was underpowered but yet had easier software to deal with making games perform better...

This gen seems both have pretty much same style hardware with the ps4 having an edge with hardware and again Xbox being underpowered but it will come down to software again ... We will see if DX12 will be a factor or not...

Either way great for gamers all around, competition > monopoly...

Just my 2 cents... Back to my work
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#45BSerenityPosted 3/10/2014 3:33:17 AM
ScRui posted...
Software over hardware.... That was the case the majority of last gen... It took time to use ps3 cell power... 360 was underpowered but yet had easier software to deal with making games perform better...

This gen seems both have pretty much same style hardware with the ps4 having an edge with hardware and again Xbox being underpowered but it will come down to software again ... We will see if DX12 will be a factor or not...

Either way great for gamers all around, competition > monopoly...

Just my 2 cents... Back to my work

The key difference is that the hardware power last gen was pretty much on par except in the exclusives area.

Software will help no doubt. No one is going to seriously argue against it besides the diehard. The problem is that there is still a distinct power difference. It isn't some negligible difference. While DirectX 12 can improve the XBO. Which will bring it closer to parity. MS and developers will still have to contend with the hardware bottleneck. DirectX 12 isn't going to magically erase that bottleneck and allow for all this crazy new rumored features to work.

More headroom is going to be very nice for the developers. It will give the XBO a boost for sure, but people shouldn't go into fantasyland dreaming mode about this. (Not directed at you or anyone in particular, btw.)
---
#46thegreatsquarePosted 3/10/2014 3:34:24 AM
BSerenity posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...

There is no reason to fear this news. It isn't going to bring parity. It will get closer which is always good, but the hardware will continue being a bottleneck. At most there will be software emulation of the DirectX 12 features, but that is far worst and much more costly.

Agree. It is sort of cool that the XB1 can utilize DX12 features [on whatever level] and any bump in performance is a net plus, but it needs to be put in perspective. The GPU in the XB1 is a relatively weak DX11 card,when the PC gets DX12 cards the XB1 card [if the gpu has dx12 hardware features] is going to be the weakest DX12 chip outside of maybe some DX12 on board chip and maybe not even that.
---
ASUS G73jh i7 720/Mobility HD 5870/6GB DDR3 1404MHz/Seagate Momentus XT 750GB Hybrid HDD
#47RaRitsujunPosted 3/10/2014 3:51:13 AM
thegreatsquare posted...
BSerenity posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...

Agree. It is sort of cool that the XB1 can utilize DX12 features [on whatever level] and any bump in performance is a net plus, but it needs to be put in perspective. The GPU in the XB1 is a relatively weak DX11 card,when the PC gets DX12 cards the XB1 card [if the gpu has dx12 hardware features] is going to be the weakest DX12 chip outside of maybe some DX12 on board chip and maybe not even that.

Indeed.
Step your hardware up, MS.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 45 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#48Jiggy101011Posted 3/10/2014 3:58:48 AM
So what I get out of this topic is no one knows exactly what this will do.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#49BSerenityPosted 3/10/2014 4:05:36 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...

We can speculate, but ultimately no. It is unreasonable to think this is going to "change the tide". However, it is very reasonable to think this can bring the XBO closer to parity if it truly lowers the overhead.

I still don't see any direct influence (feature wise) that DirectX 12 will have on the XBO.
---
#50AsellusPosted 3/10/2014 4:17:36 AM

No one knows what's going into DX12 and the only announced feature (reduced api overhead) is generally a non-issue on consoles since they already have very lean hardware-specific low-level api.

I'm assuming it won't give you any new hardware functionality since apis aren't magic, they're just ways of talking to hardware, maybe there are still some GCN-specific features that hadn't made it into DX11.2 that'll be newly exposed here but even if that's the case they would almost certainly already be accessable using the X-Bone's native low-level api. Maybe you'll be able to run DX12 code on the X-Bone but it won't really be any different than say running raw OpenGL on a ps4 - doable but far from optimal if you're concerned about performance - and any new hardware specific features would either have to be disabled or emulated.