inFamous will not come close to beating all-time sales of Titanfall

#41StrongBlackVinePosted 3/9/2014 4:38:47 PM
PS4 outselling Xbox One is all that matters in the end. A multiplat that Microsoft bought won't change that.
#42lostkiwiPosted 3/9/2014 4:39:36 PM
ElGado posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
So to make yourself feel better about the PS4 outselling the Xbox One 2 to 1, you make a reassurance topic about how Infamous won't outsell Titanfall? Well think about this: Titanfall SHOULD outsell Infamous. It's being released on 3 platforms where Infamous is only being released on 1. It'd be pretty pathetic if Infamous outsold Titanfall.

Good sir, the media is instigating and the Ponies are currently stating that inFamous is going to outsell Titanfall. I am merely putting them back in their place for even thinking about something as preposterous as that.

Honestly, I frequent both the PS4 & Xbox One boards, and the only place that seems to have any strong opinion on these kind of matters is here on the Xbox One boards.

And besides, just like everyone has said before me, it would be an extremely dark day if inFamous did outsell Titanfall. Titanfall is being released on 3 platforms, two of which are very well established and hold a lot of market share, compared to inFamous that is being released to a platform that has only been out for 4 months. Anything other than a complete thumping in overall numbers would be an abysmal failure for EA.

However, numbers of inFamous on PS4 vs Titanfall on Xbox One - That would be a much more interesting comparison, and in that particular case personally I think inFamous will do do better.
---
Find out about PC vs PS4 vs Xbox One vs Wii U games here:
http://rustygamer.wordpress.com/
#43ElGado(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 4:42:40 PM
lostkiwi posted...
ElGado posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
So to make yourself feel better about the PS4 outselling the Xbox One 2 to 1, you make a reassurance topic about how Infamous won't outsell Titanfall? Well think about this: Titanfall SHOULD outsell Infamous. It's being released on 3 platforms where Infamous is only being released on 1. It'd be pretty pathetic if Infamous outsold Titanfall.

Good sir, the media is instigating and the Ponies are currently stating that inFamous is going to outsell Titanfall. I am merely putting them back in their place for even thinking about something as preposterous as that.

Honestly, I frequent both the PS4 & Xbox One boards, and the only place that seems to have any strong opinion on these kind of matters is here on the Xbox One boards.

And besides, just like everyone has said before me, it would be an extremely dark day if inFamous did outsell Titanfall. Titanfall is being released on 3 platforms, two of which are very well established and hold a lot of market share, compared to inFamous that is being released to a platform that has only been out for 4 months. Anything other than a complete thumping in overall numbers would be an abysmal failure for EA.

However, numbers of inFamous on PS4 vs Titanfall on Xbox One - That would be a much more interesting comparison, and in that particular case personally I think inFamous will do do better.

Since the install base is currently larger, I think inFamous on a Xbox One vs. PS4 comparison might have the early jump, but it won't last when Xbox One sells more consoles. There's also the fact that the sales for Sony exclusives aren't very impressive given the large install base that PS3 had.
#44StrongBlackVinePosted 3/9/2014 4:43:55 PM
ElGado posted...
lostkiwi posted...
ElGado posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...

Since the install base is currently larger, I think inFamous on a Xbox One vs. PS4 comparison might have the early jump, but it won't last when Xbox One sells more consoles. There's also the fact that the sales for Sony exclusives aren't very impressive given the large install base that PS3 had.

Shut up. PS4 won already.
#45BoneRevolutionPosted 3/9/2014 4:44:37 PM
Wii sold more than 360/PS3. Meaningless
#46ElGado(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 4:45:14 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...
ElGado posted...
lostkiwi posted...
ElGado posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...

Shut up. PS4 won already.

Stop being to butthurt that PS3 dropped the ball last gen.
#47kiljaedenPosted 3/9/2014 4:45:56 PM
Has Infamous ever beat the sales of anything?
---
Warning: This opinion may not be suitable for younger users.
Go 'Fins!
#48lostkiwiPosted 3/9/2014 4:59:27 PM(edited)
ElGado posted...

Sony are selling PS4's at a rate of almost 2:1 over the Xbox One, and that was primarily during a time when the PS4's were mostly sold out and hard to get a hold of. When Xbox One 'sells more consoles', the PS4 will have sold twice that.

And it's interesting that you say that sales for Sony exlusives isn't impressive. If you look at those top sales lists cited earlier, in overall numbers when factoring out Kinnect Adventures (since it was bundled with Kinnect), Xbox 360 sold over 33.45 million exclusives in overall numbers. And that's being generous since Gears 1 wasn't even an exclusive yet I included it in its totals.

The PS3 on the other hand was released a year later than the Xbox 360, and sold 35.52 million exclusives in overall numbers.
---
Find out about PC vs PS4 vs Xbox One vs Wii U games here:
http://rustygamer.wordpress.com/
#49kiljaedenPosted 3/9/2014 4:55:24 PM
Why dont you post on the PS4 board?
---
Warning: This opinion may not be suitable for younger users.
Go 'Fins!
#50AkumaOutsiderPosted 3/9/2014 4:55:56 PM
@Elgado-how did PS3 drop the ball last gen?
It finished second, ahead of 360 and behind wii.
It did better than MS's attempt.

Or is it annoying you that ps3 is outselling xb1 on a weekly basis?
either way, stop being butthurt
---
~Outsider.//.GrandFated