Microsoft remains 'extremely committed' to Xbox, says Phil Spencer.

#61RJ-MacReadyPosted 3/14/2014 12:31:38 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
It's never a good thing when a company has to explicitly state that they're still supporting a product.

This.
---
PSN TheTHCGamer
LIVE TheSativaGamer
#62darkstar4221Posted 3/14/2014 4:28:15 PM(edited)
Alfred_Q posted...
MS haven't made any money on 13 years and counting of Xbox Live Gold subscriptions, The 30% cut on each game sold on the systems, the millions of gaming peripherals and hundreds of millions Xbox original/360/One sold to consumers around the world. Big corporations advertising on the xbox live dashboard.

I don't give a damn it's still ridiculously expensive, not to mention all the anti-consumer policies that Microsoft wanted to implement and some of it still end up being implemented (ie the drm check up). Forcing Kinect that raises the price of the system does not benefit the consumer especially in an economic crisis, which MS should be aware, but most likely they are not because of false economic signals (ie artificially low interest rates).

In free-market capitalism the consumer always comes first. If they are losing money on the Xbox then that is Microsoft's fault, raising prices will only makes things worse, much worse. But MS is a legit monopoly it's in their nature to be do something that is corrupt and that goes against their own customers, hell they do it with their windows operating system.
#63PraetorXynPosted 3/14/2014 3:40:03 PM
Jedi454 posted...
1nternationa7 posted...
Evel138 posted...
Anyone with a few functioning synapses in their head knew this already.

The Xbox brand isn't a test product at this point, it's as much a part of Microsoft as Windows.

Considering that Windows 8 is piece of **** that obviously didn't go through the proper testing, that's not saying much.

I own a Windows 8 phone and i'd argue that it has a better UI than iOS or Android.

iOS absolutely. Android not so much.
Android's UI is so customizable you can make it look like Windows Phone if you want to. There's a theming app called Themer that does it effortlessly.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png