I don't think you people know how preorders work.

#1MasterSword546Posted 3/9/2014 4:39:16 PM
All I'm seeing here is how the Xbone has the most Titanfall preorders out of the three systems it is on and that means that it will sell the best on Xbone. Sorry, but that's inaccurate.

While it MAY still sell the best on Xbone, you can't judge it by preorder numbers. People preorder games to assure themselves that they'll get a copy, correct? Well, what use is it in preordering a game on PC when 90%+ of the purchases on that platform will be digital? That's right, there isn't one.

tl;dr You can't use PC preorder numbers to accurately guess the number of purchases for PC.
---
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day <3 PSN: Raptix546
3DS FC: 5455-9563-5441 IGN: Alex SV:1238
#2RawringAirPosted 3/9/2014 4:42:04 PM
pretty sure people only preorder to get some stupid bonus that shouldnt be in the game
---
Best poster on GameFAQs
You are the most irritating GameFAQs poster, correct your sig. - Crack_Fox
#3phoenix9291Posted 3/9/2014 4:43:56 PM
Only one you can really use the pre-order numbers for is the 360. Like you said 90%+ of PC users will buy digitally. It's probably about 50/50 on the One, maybe slightly more disc than digital though.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 6MB L3 cache- 8GB DDR3 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M, 2048MB video memory- 1TB 5400 rpm
#4MasterSword546(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 4:44:35 PM
RawringAir posted...
pretty sure people only preorder to get some stupid bonus that shouldnt be in the game

Didn't use to be like that. And I'm not aware of any such bonuses for Titanfall.
---
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day <3 PSN: Raptix546
3DS FC: 5455-9563-5441 IGN: Alex SV:1238
#5phoenix9291Posted 3/9/2014 4:45:45 PM
MasterSword546 posted...
RawringAir posted...

Didn't use to be like that. And I'm not aware of any such bonuses for Titanfall.

Yeah it's not actual content for Titanfall. A mini guide from amazon and a poster from GameStop is what I've seen.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 6MB L3 cache- 8GB DDR3 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M, 2048MB video memory- 1TB 5400 rpm
#6mcnichojPosted 3/9/2014 4:47:43 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about people thinking they're paying five dollars to reserve a copy on top of the price of the game.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#7joe_davidPosted 3/9/2014 4:52:52 PM
MasterSword546 posted...
All I'm seeing here is how the Xbone has the most Titanfall preorders out of the three systems it is on and that means that it will sell the best on Xbone. Sorry, but that's inaccurate.

While it MAY still sell the best on Xbone, you can't judge it by preorder numbers. People preorder games to assure themselves that they'll get a copy, correct? Well, what use is it in preordering a game on PC when 90%+ of the purchases on that platform will be digital? That's right, there isn't one.

tl;dr You can't use PC preorder numbers to accurately guess the number of purchases for PC.

You can buy digitally on Xbone as well hence buyer intent is also not accurately gauged.

All we know is there are more pre-orders for the Xbox One version despite :

It being the most expensive barrier of entry
It's not as good as the PC version
It's userbase is 5 million to 82 million 360s
It being given away with the console
---
god of war 2 is the best game eva
#8gohoanqPosted 3/9/2014 5:01:40 PM
I can't help but doubt PC will outsell Xbox One.. or 360.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#9BoneRevolutionPosted 3/9/2014 5:03:02 PM
gohoanq posted...
I can't help but doubt PC will outsell Xbox One.. or 360.
---

PC gaming is a joke
#10Foxx3kPosted 3/9/2014 5:05:46 PM
MasterSword546 posted...

PC has the MOST to gain from preorders because of pre-loading.

A more justifiable argument would be to say that PC preorder numbers are skewed because digital sales aren't included.

I'd say that preorders probably strongly predict the split between platforms with regards to physical sales. I don't know how well they do or do not correlate to lifetime sales.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]