Yep, pretty much never getting a Microsoft product ever again.

#1GordatonPosted 3/9/2014 8:19:56 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-wants-targeted-political-ads-on-xbox-live-dashboard-courting-conservatives/1100-6418181/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=homepage

Microsoft wants politicians to pay for targeted ads that will appear on the Xbox Live dashboard and other Microsoft products.

The Washington Post reports that Microsoft officials were handing out promotional materials for this purpose this Thursday at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), an annual conference for conservative activists and elected official in the United States.

The ads would appear on the Xbox Live dashboard and target different users by combining their Microsoft user IDs and other public data to build a profile of Xbox users. Using this data, ad campaigns can then be directed at specific demographics or congressional districts.

According to The Washington Post, Microsoft says that 38 percent of its 25 million Xbox Live subscribers in the US are women, 40 percent are married, and more than half have children. Microsoft is apparently “particularly aggressive” in selling its ability to reach women, Latinos, and millennials.

Xbox Live and games in general are no strangers to politics. During the 2012 presidential elections, Xbox Live launched a nonpartisan Election Hub in collaboration with Rock the Vote, NBCnews.com, and YouGov. During his 2008 presidential campaign, Barack Obama also took out ads within Burnout Paradise.
#2MJFJDPosted 3/9/2014 8:21:12 PM
rawr
#3KID VIDPosted 3/9/2014 8:22:06 PM
Okay.
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#4NewMoonShadowPosted 3/9/2014 8:22:33 PM
You seem surprised. This sort of thing is EXACTLY WHY so many people refused to buy an X-Box One.
#5RawringAirPosted 3/9/2014 8:23:13 PM
cry about it
---
Best poster on GameFAQs
You are the most irritating GameFAQs poster, correct your sig. - Crack_Fox
#6Gordaton(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 8:23:27 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
You seem surprised. This sort of thing is EXACTLY WHY so many people refused to buy an X-Box One.

I could deal with the DRM, I can deal with kinect being bundled in, I can deal with everything else.....but this is crossing the line.
#7ElPolloDiablo87Posted 3/9/2014 8:23:51 PM
Hope you never get an antenna for OTA TV, cable, the internet, hulu, or pretty much anything since everything has political ads.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#8Gordaton(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 8:24:55 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Hope you never get an antenna for OTA TV, cable, the internet, hulu, or pretty much anything since everything has political ads.

Xbox Ones =/= TVs. Completely different experience.

Unless of course you watch TV THROUGH the Xbox One.
#91nternationa7Posted 3/9/2014 8:24:56 PM
I thought the link was p4rgaming...wow, this is real????
---
Version 1 of My Movelist for Lords of Shadow 2: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672716-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/68667781
#10Jx1010Posted 3/9/2014 8:28:08 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...

People pay for Live even still getting ads... But this is terrible