Can Xbox one get viruses?

#21aheroafakePosted 3/9/2014 11:34:27 PM
Anarchy612 posted...
aheroafake posted...
Tweekster13 posted...
RebelGameMaster posted...
I remember seeing a guy who said he got one and called MS. He came here for help and the XDF bombarded the poor guy. Pretty sure he sold his Xbone or something.

What happened was the guy got a virus, everyone rushed in to say he was lying, and a troll, then he posted proof. Long story short, you can, but it seems to be rare.

And that guy was me. I had to come into this topic as soon as I saw the title, lol. As for the people that accused me of being a troll and liar, most of them never came back after I posted the video on youtube. Turns out it wasn't a virus but again, I wasn't trolling. It was just ignorance on my part.

If I may ask, what was it then? I wasn't around for this topic so I'm a little curious. Also could you link that YouTube vid?

I think I removed the video from the youtube account, sorry.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#22krystylaPosted 3/9/2014 11:35:43 PM
Everything can get viruses it's just redundant to hack a console. It doesn't save your credit card data on the console but on XBL servers.

There's also not nearly as many consoles as PCs and smartphones out there.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#23archibald3Posted 3/10/2014 12:13:04 AM
Tweekster13 posted...
I remember seeing a guy who said he got one and called MS. He came here for help and the XDF bombarded the poor guy. Pretty sure he sold his Xbone or something.

What happened was the guy got a virus, everyone rushed in to say he was lying, and a troll, then he posted proof. Long story short, you can, but it seems to be rare.

Ah, yes, I remember now.

You remember wrong because thats not what happened and he didn`t get a virus. Trolls are liars.
#24aheroafakePosted 3/10/2014 4:57:06 AM
archibald3 posted...
Tweekster13 posted...

Ah, yes, I remember now.

You remember wrong because thats not what happened and he didn`t get a virus. Trolls are liars.

It's funny how you're accusing me of lying when you're the one that's lying. I wasn't trolling, you're just too dense to realize that. I did say I was mistaken when I thought it was a virus after it was proven that it wasn't a virus. Get the **** over yourself.
---
#25nb003_99Posted 3/10/2014 5:06:11 AM
Don't worry a hero,
Archie is a troll...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/6853455

There's the thread,
You still undercooked my crow....
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#26nb003_99Posted 3/10/2014 5:07:03 AM
Full Circle
---
- Hentaidoji
#27krystylaPosted 3/10/2014 5:18:34 AM
nb003_99 posted...
Don't worry a hero,
Archie is a troll...

There's the thread,

Well he that's what you get from not blocking RebelGameMaster.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#28aheroafakePosted 3/10/2014 5:18:50 AM
nb003_99 posted...
Don't worry a hero,
Archie is a troll...

There's the thread,

I kinda had a feeling he was but I thought he was just a very unhappy person upset with those that believed my console had a virus and that he couldn't get a bunch of people on his side about that. Eh, whatever. And that link don't work, mister. And dammit, I still don't get the crow.... sad, I know.
---
#29nb003_99Posted 3/10/2014 5:24:50 AM
"Eating crow" is slang for being wrong.
---
- Hentaidoji
#30SolisPosted 3/10/2014 5:27:03 AM
No. A virus on a platform means it would need to be able to run unsigned code. If it got to the point where unsigned code could be run on the platform, then it would be completely open for any type program without Microsoft authorizing it. So basically, until games can be freely pirated or user-made applications can be run on an unmodified console, there's essentially no chance of encountering any type of virus for it.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review