Can Xbox one get viruses?

#31bob15xPosted 3/10/2014 6:27:23 AM
the psp had a virus specifically targeting it. You can google it. But that is the only time I remember. But then again the psp was about pirating.
#32nb003_99Posted 3/10/2014 6:39:20 AM(edited)
Again,
The only claim of virus on xbox1 was ^ that ^ guy being mis-directed thru his browser.
That was it.
New link?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68534554
/thread?
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#33aheroafakePosted 3/10/2014 6:40:33 AM
nb003_99 posted...
"Eating crow" is slang for being wrong.

Understood.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#34aheroafakePosted 3/10/2014 6:48:29 AM
nb003_99 posted...
Again,
The only claim of virus on xbox1 was ^ that ^ guy being mis-directed thru his browser.
That was it.
New link?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68534554
/thread?

New linked worked. I was a tad disappointed that topic was locked so suddenly. I don't know why it was, it was just closed the next day I looked at it. I really wanted that topic to reach 500 posts, lol. I was hoping it would but oh well. I bet someone will turn that around on me and claim that was the intention of the whole topic.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#352xkrazyPosted 3/10/2014 6:48:54 AM
Uh..we'll probably see homebrew and launchers before seeing malware on xbox. The smart hackers would probably sell their exploits to hardware manufacturers to make DRM dongles. The genius ones keep it on the DL to steal your cc info.
#36krystylaPosted 3/10/2014 7:00:25 AM
2xkrazy posted...
Uh..we'll probably see homebrew and launchers before seeing malware on xbox. The smart hackers would probably sell their exploits to hardware manufacturers to make DRM dongles. The genius ones keep it on the DL to steal your cc info.

Wouldn't that require the XBO to store the CC info locally afaik the data is stored only on MS' servers.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#372xkrazyPosted 3/10/2014 7:09:05 AM
krystyla posted...
2xkrazy posted...

Wouldn't that require the XBO to store the CC info locally afaik the data is stored only on MS' servers.

Just create a viral stealth key logger pkg that emails you a text file.
#38AnakeriePosted 3/10/2014 7:11:04 AM
*whispers* I heard it got The AIDS...
---
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: anakerie
Pawn: Zarianna
#39RebelGameMasterPosted 3/10/2014 7:29:25 AM
Funny to see the XDF on this thread when it was MIA after the video was posted on the other thread.

Then again what can we expect from them? Running away, not facing facts, ignoring the truth bringers, and changing the conversation is all they know how to do when confronted with the facts.
---
This dispute is an abuse of the dispute form. Any further abuse of the form will result in loss of posting privileges or your account.
#40krystylaPosted 3/10/2014 8:18:19 AM
2xkrazy posted...
krystyla posted...
2xkrazy posted...

Just create a viral stealth key logger pkg that emails you a text file.

Wouldn't that require the XBO to receive the cc info? I would have thought it just acts as intermediary.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB