Article: "The Console Market Is In Crisis"

#11RS_YELARAKAPosted 3/10/2014 3:51:58 AM
Enigma149 posted...
What region is this?

Sure, the Wii U has flopped... but the X1's ahead of the 360 and the PS4's the fastest-selling console...

What I was thinking. Whoever wrote that article is a moron.
---
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
Currently playing - BF4, PvZ:GW, TitanFall, PowerStarGolf
#12wake_me_420Posted 3/10/2014 3:54:26 AM
"Yet another troubling reality for consoles — which is really a symptom of an ailing ecosystem — is dwindling choice of games titles. The days of a wide range of console experiences – from niche small games, through a diverse array of mid-sized titles, up to the flagship triple A blockbuster titles – are gone. "

but who was indie titles.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#13aheroafakePosted 3/10/2014 3:56:01 AM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Enigma149 posted...
What region is this?

Sure, the Wii U has flopped... but the X1's ahead of the 360 and the PS4's the fastest-selling console...

What I was thinking. Whoever wrote that article is a moron.

---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#14PhoroPosted 3/10/2014 4:02:00 AM(edited)
^ That. I can't believe the author said there are no more small niche games... If that's the case, why do I have a backlog of nearly 100 games, the vast majority of which are small, independently made titles?

My problem is exactly the opposite of what the author described: I'm holding back on spending money in the game market now because there are too many games out there.

EDIT: this was in response to wake_me_420. For some reason my work computer won't let me quote.
---
What she asked of me, at the end of the day...
Caligula would have blushed.
#15Darkside_ShadowPosted 3/10/2014 4:58:49 AM
Article writer must be a Wii U owner
#16spacejamjordanzPosted 3/10/2014 5:04:32 AM
“The PS4/XB1 is the first generation to have technology that is worse than what is already out there. There are 2+ year old GPUs that outperform these boxes, and even budget GPUs releasing now in the $150 range outclass these machines. If you buy the highest end GPU on the market now, you have almost 3x the performance of these machines, and we are at the start of the generation. This is unprecedented."

This is what strikes me the most. It really has me considering building a PC.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#17Darkside_ShadowPosted 3/10/2014 5:17:35 AM
spacejamjordanz posted...
“The PS4/XB1 is the first generation to have technology that is worse than what is already out there. There are 2+ year old GPUs that outperform these boxes, and even budget GPUs releasing now in the $150 range outclass these machines. If you buy the highest end GPU on the market now, you have almost 3x the performance of these machines, and we are at the start of the generation. This is unprecedented."

This is what strikes me the most. It really has me considering building a PC.

Yes because specs and graphics have always been = to better games, right?
No this is PC player logic. Graphics = Everything

I know PC players who refuse to play a game because some version
of DirectX 11 has not been patched in yet. I mean, seriously?

I play console because.
Everyone has the same specs = equal playing ground for multiplayer.
Less cheaters, hacks and exploits
Easy set up, automatic updates, etc
Graphics are good enough to make the game world convincing.
More interesting exclusives.

But to each his own.
#18AsellusPosted 3/10/2014 5:21:15 AM

Not actually, no. It had the highest-first day sales but the original Wii's first month beat the ps4's first three months and the ps4's actually a bit behind where the ps2 was at this point.
#19garainePosted 3/10/2014 5:46:19 AM
Phoro posted...
^ That. I can't believe the author said there are no more small niche games... If that's the case, why do I have a backlog of nearly 100 games, the vast majority of which are small, independently made titles?

My problem is exactly the opposite of what the author described: I'm holding back on spending money in the game market now because there are too many games out there.

EDIT: this was in response to wake_me_420. For some reason my work computer won't let me quote.

I agree. There is so much out there I only spend my money on what I believe to be must haves. if you cant afford to have them all gotta pick and choose.
#20SabramPosted 3/10/2014 6:27:14 AM
Asellus posted...

Not actually, no. It had the highest-first day sales but the original Wii's first month beat the ps4's first three months and the ps4's actually a bit behind where the ps2 was at this point.

That's actually not true. There's several other articles around that have done the math and say the PS4 has higher sales than the Wii for the same time period. I dont know about PS2 but considering gaming wasnt as popular of a hobby during the first 3 months of the PS2 launch i would say it's likely the PS4 is higher than that too.
---
I have discovered the perfect game. It is called Starbound, and shall be played forever.
PSN: Sabram