Next gen console lifespan should last a decade

#1Sevi_neyPosted 3/9/2014 9:32:53 PM
What do you think?

at least 10 years unless they make virtual reality console. if not then screw it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/H6R1wWH.gif
#2aszsithPosted 3/9/2014 9:39:29 PM
The problem with 10 years is by then the components in the systems are at LEAST 12 years behind current tech. Look at what's happening with the PS4 and XBOne already. They systems are CONSIDERABLY more powerful than the last gen ones, and are ALREADY underpowered compared to mid-level PCs (a point the PC gamers LOVE to point out ad nauseum).

So yeah, 10 years is a little too long a time.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#3rizzerPosted 3/9/2014 9:50:05 PM
no offense to xbox but this last gen went 8 years and they can barely hit 720p and still have jaggies when 360 was 720p, virtual reality is not realistic, i am very disappointed at this point with all consoles and tech
#4ascendedcobraPosted 3/9/2014 10:37:08 PM
No I don't think so. 5yrs is the sweet spot for consoles. Last gen was way too long and a lot of people start losing interest. Plus with 4k tv really coming on people are going to want a 4k game system.
Also last gen both sony and Microsoft were losing money with every console sale for a while so they had to stay in longer to recoup. This time the systems aren't so advanced and they are actually making profit on every system.
#5TheCyborgNinjaPosted 3/9/2014 11:00:20 PM
It'll need to last a decade considering how everyone is failing to sell as well as their older consoles.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo