Why do people make such a big deal over who likes what console?

#1BookThrowerPosted 3/9/2014 11:21:38 PM
If there is one thing that is consistent between the Xbox1, PS4, and WiiU board; is that people seem to make a big stink over people playing games other then what they like. If I want to play a Mario game and by friend wants to play Halo, does it really matter that we like certain games?

Is it some kind of elitist thing that I don't understand, or do people on this site just really care about what consoles people play?
---
Thinking of something witty to put in my signature is harder then I thought.
#2uniquebadgerPosted 3/9/2014 11:32:45 PM
Entitlement. Fanboy's seem to think their opinions matter. Just as bad as apple/android fanboys at this point. Bored people who don't like their own lives.
#3MistahApplezPosted 3/9/2014 11:33:05 PM
Preaching to the choir bro.
---
#1 Wii-U fanboy of the gamefaqs community.
#4RawringAirPosted 3/9/2014 11:33:18 PM
nothing else in their lives
---
Best poster on GameFAQs
You are the most irritating GameFAQs poster, correct your sig. - Crack_Fox
#5chedibang1994Posted 3/9/2014 11:47:06 PM
Their fanboy power is over 9000 so they believe their opinion can beat anything
---
I Still watch Angry Video Game Nerd in pajamas
#6WebsandWigsPosted 3/9/2014 11:52:24 PM
Its tribal bullcrap. If we weren't fighting over consoles, it'd be something else. It's in our fighting primate nature.
#7ValimerPosted 3/10/2014 6:18:38 AM
Most of, if not all if it, is justifying their purchase. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo aren't people, they don't care about who buys them and they don't have anyone's interest at heart.

They do greatly fear public perception and they looooooove watching these dumb debates as much as I do. Difference being is that I find it amusing whereas they are using their pawns to sway opinions in hopes of more sales.
---
Sent from my iPhone.
#8motoraptorPosted 3/10/2014 6:31:14 AM
GameFAQs is full of manchildren.

Make that the Internet, not just GameFAQs.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#92xkrazyPosted 3/10/2014 6:33:23 AM
Overpriced weaker hardware, forced Kinect, region lock, hard drive lock...There's absolutely no reason to buy it unless you truly like its exclusives. The MS sheep who try to justify it, otherwise, is what provides us entertainment.
#10Balzak74Posted 3/11/2014 1:18:28 PM
I agree completely.

Gaming must be the only hobby where differences in opinions are looked on like clubbing small animals.

Why?
---
I am not late, I just live in world that's too early