Why do people make such a big deal over who likes what console?

#11HowatizerPosted 3/11/2014 2:23:43 PM
Fanboys gonna fanboy.

They have an uneducated, ignorant and obtuse way of thinking resulting in a pathetic need to justify that their side is the right side. Not realizing this makes them look like complete morons to people who think rationally.

Quite a few examples of this on the X1 boards here..
---
It is fortunate to be favored with praise and popularity. It is dire luck to be dependent on the feelings of your fellow man.- The Havamal
#12CarpetfluffPosted 3/11/2014 2:26:13 PM
Insecurity. I'm so glad I got past the urge to worry about what other people thought about things I like or don't. I've got a friend who will actively be loving something and then flip flop purely because other people start telling him they don't - it's very, very sad when you can't have a thought of your own and stick to it.
#13structural98Posted 3/11/2014 2:30:19 PM
2xkrazy posted...
Overpriced weaker hardware, forced Kinect, region lock, hard drive lock...There's absolutely no reason to buy it unless you truly like its exclusives. The MS sheep who try to justify it, otherwise, is what provides us entertainment.

It's a good thing this guy showed up to give a prime example of what you're talking about.

Stay classy bro
#14PorungaPosted 3/11/2014 2:35:43 PM
Most of it isn't "who likes what console" it is the attitude and behavior of that person. If a person prefers xbox one, keeps his opinions to himself and just enjoys gaming.. there is no problem. But if that person is constantly spouting off "XBOX IS BETTER THAN PS4 LOL SONY PONY FAIL LOL" that tends to be a problem. The same is true for the sony side as well. Neither group is innocent, and both resort to the same tactics given the opportunity. Trolls are trolls, no matter what side they are on.. it only starts to matter when it is happening to you.
#15HowatizerPosted 3/11/2014 2:59:06 PM
2xkrazy posted...
Overpriced weaker hardware, forced Kinect, region lock, hard drive lock...There's absolutely no reason to buy it unless you truly like its exclusives. The MS sheep who try to justify it, otherwise, is what provides us entertainment.

Your fanboy is showing, TC was talking about peoples attitudes in general... "Overpriced weaker hardware" makes it pretty evident you are talking from a Sony point of view.

Although now that you are called out, I am sure some wacky defensive spin is on its way.
---
It is fortunate to be favored with praise and popularity. It is dire luck to be dependent on the feelings of your fellow man.- The Havamal
#16JazoniPosted 3/11/2014 3:02:25 PM(edited)
Because the fanboys here are children, and their mother said they could only have one platform to play their games on.

It's the same with the PC fanboys as well, not just the console one's...
---
Britpop Killed the Shoegazing Star!
#17ImAScreenLookerPosted 3/11/2014 3:09:42 PM
Balzak74 posted...
I agree completely.

Gaming must be the only hobby where differences in opinions are looked on like clubbing small animals.

Why?

Unfortunately, it is not. This applies to almost everything. There are a lot of people that take a strange, offensively prideful ownership of whatever they enjoy / relate to personally and shame/put down others for having different tastes. Be it gaming systems, music, clothing, tv shows, sports teams, political affinity, religion, whatever.
---
GT: imascreenlooker
#18Lisbon14215Posted 3/11/2014 3:14:44 PM
2xkrazy posted...

Thanks for proving TC's point. As for the topic, I'll add the following. Growing up my old man had a saying that has stuck with me through the years and perfectly describes both Sony and Microsoft fanboys. He use to say "Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has got one and they are mostly full of poop."
---
YOLO... It's like Carpe Diem for idiots.
http://i.imgur.com/vrhzkRB.jpg