So I played the Campaign of Titanfall (Spoilers)

#11MachineGunNunPosted 3/9/2014 11:47:19 PM
Good thing I never play shooter campaigns if they have fun mp.
---
Two Lines Of Destruction
#12evecharmevePosted 3/11/2014 8:27:10 AM
There is a story it's just basically it doesn't matter, Win or lose the story plays out how it does at least for the matches I've played *around 7*
---
One and only person to ever finish Tank! Tank! Tank!
50 hours wasted.
#13nableetPosted 3/11/2014 8:37:08 AM
So it isn't like Brink then? Where you have an intro and then a bunch of story related objectives followed by a bit more story depending on which side won?
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#14MrSpaM111Posted 3/11/2014 8:48:27 AM
nableet posted...
So it isn't like Brink then? Where you have an intro and then a bunch of story related objectives followed by a bit more story depending on which side won?

Nope, you get a cutscene, then are dropped into a multiplayer game just like all the other ones. Once the mission is complete, whether you win or lose, you get another small cutscene then it's on to the next mission. You can actually finish the campaign without winning a single mission.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#15InjusticeRebornPosted 3/11/2014 8:56:46 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
You can actually finish the campaign without winning a single mission.

Which I'd assume is the right way to go?

Imagine the outcry of players from experiences of not being able to finish the campaign because they couldn't win, or their campaign got cut short - similar to a game over - because they lost.

Would you want to be replaying a 'mission' over and over because your team couldn't win?
---
10/03/14-11/03/14 - the day GameFAQs turned into the Dead Sea of the internet.
#16HELZEROPosted 3/11/2014 9:31:52 AM
MachineGunNun posted...
Good thing I never play shooter campaigns if they have fun mp.

---
im on my mobile phone so excuse the cruddy spelling
#17iSkadooshPosted 3/11/2014 11:52:49 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...

Imagine the outcry of players from experiences of not being able to finish the campaign because they couldn't win, or their campaign got cut short - similar to a game over - because they lost.

Would you want to be replaying a 'mission' over and over because your team couldn't win?

The right way to go would have been to include a proper campaign or leave it out entirely. Tacking one onto the game for the sake of having one is just silly.
---
Not upset at all, just annoyed that there's absolutely no point in people like you to be on these boards other than to troll your little hearts out. - triple s
#18MrSpaM111Posted 3/11/2014 2:55:19 PM
InjusticeReborn posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...

Your going to be replaying the missions over and over in the multiplayer anyway so whats the difference?
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#19HowatizerPosted 3/11/2014 3:50:52 PM
Ooooooo this is a new and exciting topic. Entirely not surprised coming from the TC. Gold medal topic.
---
It is fortunate to be favored with praise and popularity. It is dire luck to be dependent on the feelings of your fellow man.- The Havamal
#20OpheliaAdenadePosted 3/11/2014 3:58:05 PM
Sounds really pointless to me. How do you call that a "campaign" in the first place? I'm guessing Mario Tennis has a campaign too by that logic.

Well, at least the CoD crowd will enjoy it. They don't care about world-building or story, just being able to pew-pew-pew at everything (this time with mechs!). And I am sure DSP will appreciate the fact it is impossible to lose at this campaign.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.