my NAT is Moderate..how do i change it?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. my NAT is Moderate..how do i change it?
1 year ago#1
Never had this problem with 360 and have a Asus Router
---
XBL - Mr Striker09
1 year ago#2
Is your xbox one a wired or a wireless connection?
---
Not changing this sig until Leon Kennedy is in a fighting game. Started 7/14/2013
1 year ago#3
Mine would default to moderate if my console was set to the instant on power mode. Try turning it to power saver (or Eco, or whatever they call it, full off) and rebooting, then check again. Mine defaults to Open when set this way.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
1 year ago#4
I could go wireless but its wired right now
---
XBL - Mr Striker09
1 year ago#5
I'm pretty sure something is wonky with how the Xbox One reads your NAT type. I have a wired connection and sometimes it'll show strict. Then I run a multiplayer test on the console itself, changing/resetting nothing else, and after the test it'll show open. Then I'll fire up Ghosts and it shows moderate.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
1 year ago#6
motoraptor posted...
I'm pretty sure something is wonky with how the Xbox One reads your NAT type. I have a wired connection and sometimes it'll show strict. Then I run a multiplayer test on the console itself, changing/resetting nothing else, and after the test it'll show open. Then I'll fire up Ghosts and it shows moderate.

yeah Cause its always been open until now and i didnt change anything..hope thats the case
---
XBL - Mr Striker09
1 year ago#7
is Moderate bad thing for lag and stuff when playing online?
---
XBL - Mr Striker09
1 year ago#8
My NAT is open for my wired connections, but moderate for my wireless connection.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES
1 year ago#9
mrstriker815 posted...
is Moderate bad thing for lag and stuff when playing online?

The only difference you'll see is connecting to games taking a little longer. It shouldnt effect your ping.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
1 year ago#10
It will restrict who you can connect to so could cause latency issues since it's lowering the amount of hosts you can communicate with.

Do you have multiple consoles? Turning my PS3 on when my PS4 is on causes it to change to Moderate even though the PS3 is in the DMZ. Normally simply power cycling the router should fix it.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. my NAT is Moderate..how do i change it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived