giantbomb and ign have pre reviews up...is this a new trend?

#1axelfooley2k5Posted 3/10/2014 10:23:14 AM
just to get more site hits
---
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJAeD1f2YnI
#2Mindwipe77Posted 3/10/2014 10:24:18 AM
they already know the score they are giving, as you said they are tying to get more hits
---
Now Playing-Light returns/LOS 2/South Park SOT
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#3Darkside_ShadowPosted 3/10/2014 10:24:39 AM
Keeping dat suspense of the weary weak minded
#4bigslim816Posted 3/10/2014 10:29:28 AM
If their reviews come up tomorrow, they were probably waiting to at least play with the community in case it turns into a battlefield 4 type mess.
---
You wanna play blind man, go walk with the shepherd, but me, my eyes are wide f'n open.
@#&! a fanboy!
#5BSerenityPosted 3/10/2014 10:32:16 AM
bigslim816 posted...
If their reviews come up tomorrow, they were probably waiting to at least play with the community in case it turns into a battlefield 4 type mess.

This. Also destructoid is doing the same. I believe DF is following as well. It really is the best/most accurate way to review an online only MP game.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#6fueled-systemPosted 3/10/2014 10:33:52 AM
Probably because after disasters like Battlefield 4 they want to wait and confirm the servers are not complete trash and the game is playable. Though will be interesting if they do it for the yearly Battlefield and Call of Duty's when they come up
---
X FC- 4124-5020-3800 Name - Jim
#7bridog346Posted 3/10/2014 11:11:12 AM
Curses for those sites to attempt to make revenue while giving their fans something they might want to read.
---
Aim for the head, that's where the pudding is
#8BloatedSquirrelPosted 3/10/2014 11:22:34 AM
Uhh... previews? Sounds like that's what it is. I don't think this is a new thing... >_>
---
"We laugh in the face of love, because nobody's really there."
#9InjusticeRebornPosted 3/10/2014 11:37:20 AM
BSerenity posted...
bigslim816 posted...

This. Also destructoid is doing the same. I believe DF is following as well. It really is the best/most accurate way to review an online only MP game.

Yeah...

Whilst I can agree with what they're doing is sort of fair, with a game like this, being an online only experience. What happens though if the servers go pop on the day of release? Kind of like what happened with GTA V?

Do they say it was a total flop? Do they wait for it to stabilize?
---
"The bottom line here is that it's ok to troll the Xbox One. Just don't troll the trolls. They are the bread and butter of this message board." Juzten
#10cocaiserPosted 3/10/2014 11:41:01 AM
I actually read the article from Giantbomb by Jeff Gerstmann,and I think it is the best and most honest approach for people who go to their sites. No one really knows how the game will handle in retail which will ultimately determine the game quality since you cannot access the menu unless you can connect to the server.
---
A personal attack is committed when a person substitutes abusive remarks for evidence when attacking another person's claim or claims.