Why do you want Titanfall to fail?

#1cruelbirdPosted 3/10/2014 11:11:48 AM
Why do you want Titanfall to fail? - Results (247 votes)
I don't want Titanfall to fail. I hope it does well.
55.47% (137 votes)
I don't like FPSes like CoD, Killzone, Resistance, etc. and I want the whole genre to fail.
16.19% (40 votes)
I have no problem with Xbox One but I have played Titanfall and I don't like the game.
14.57% (36 votes)
I don't like multiplayer only games such as FF14, Warhawk, Warframe, etc. and I want the whole genre to fail.
13.77% (34 votes)
This poll is now closed.
There seems to be a lot of people hoping the game does poorly. Just wondering why.
---
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/3695/sigbase.jpg
#2ElPolloDiablo87Posted 3/10/2014 11:13:52 AM
You left off the main reason, which is they are Sony fanboys and want anything that isn't on their precious PS4 console to fail.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#3Bladez_89Posted 3/10/2014 11:14:13 AM
That's only because it's only available with Microsoft. It's cool to hate Microsoft nowadays didn't you know?
---
Gamertag: B1ADE5
#4TheSilentRavenPosted 3/10/2014 11:27:40 AM
People buy into bandwagon mentality.
#5orestes1981Posted 3/10/2014 11:32:40 AM
Rand Paul 2016 in TitanFall. You heard it first!
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#6aj4x94Posted 3/10/2014 11:32:43 AM
I don't. We need Xboners and Titanfall to do good, since Nintendo has gone so soft that they're not really a huge source of console competition these days. MS needs to stay in the game.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls, Lords of Shadow, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, GTA V.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#7skermacPosted 3/10/2014 11:33:44 AM
Anyone that votes for the whole genre to fail needs to think twice. If that happened we would lose over 99% of all games ever made or will be made.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#8PorungaPosted 3/10/2014 11:33:51 AM
I don't. I don't care about titanfall. I nothing it. It could exist, or not exist and I wouldn't care or notice either way.
#9PrinceMedionPosted 3/10/2014 11:49:06 AM
I don't want it to fail I just don't want the entire genre to think its okay to omit key features of an experience just to focus on multiplayer. It's okay for a game every now and then to do so but if Titanfall does really well it'll be copied just like CoD was after the first MW. We need innovation, options, and broader games. Not 60$ games that focus entirely on what used to be 1 of multiple ways to play games and from what we've seen of the full game of Titanfall its really just all about multiplayer. The campaign is basically non-existent, many reviews are saying it doesn't even matter what you the player do the 'story' will play out either way doesn't matter if your winning or losing.

There isn't an offline mode at all so in a year or two when Titanfall 2 comes out whats going to keep EA and Microsoft from just shutting down the servers for the game, then that game becomes completely worthless. Happened already to Mag on PS3 and EA loves to shut down servers for their online games (even if they aren't running the servers) that are older. Will anyone be surprised if they shut down servers for Titanfall shortly after the second games launches? Even if its not right away they won't keep them up forever so the game has a shelf life, and I really don't like the idea of that. I love to go back and play my old games and relive the experiences I enjoyed 5, 10, 20 years ago. That will not be possible with this game, no matter how good it is now, it just doesn't have the option to have that kind of lasting appeal. It scares me honestly to think gaming could be going in such a direction for more games, that gaming will simply become a hobby of what you play right then and now, not what you replay down the road. How will we remember the greatness of the first Titanfall if we don't have the option to play it again?
---
3DS FC 0731-4747-6981 PM me if you add me.
#10Galeforce99Posted 3/10/2014 11:49:59 AM
I don't. I want a bigger and better game for the follow up, which is what will happen if this does well.
---
Opinion=Fact